• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Photos Wanted for Educational Purposes

amy104

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
In an ideal world everyone would bring their piggies in for winter. However this isn't possible for everyone. I'm looking to do an educational post on our social media page to get people thinking about preparing for cold weather and how to keep piggies safe and warm. If anyone has any pictures of outdoor housing nicely insulated with covers etc who wouldn't mind me using their photos I would really appreciate it. Thank You.

I did have piggies living outside for 3 years but they are now in a garage as @Claire W has mentioned. I am on holiday atm and my Piggies are at the Boarders but when I get back I'll take a picture of my current set up for you.

I did have piggies living outside for 3 years but they are now in a garage as @Claire W has mentioned. I am on holiday atm and my Piggies are at the Boarders but when I get back I'll take a picture of my current set up for you.

Thank you so much.

I have my 3 in a hutch in a brick outbuilding. The hutch has both the hutch snuggle with fly screen and the rain cover with clear front as it's not quite properly indoors and unheated. Would a pic of that fit the bill for you?

Maybe include some photos of heat pads, fleece snuggle sacks, the increased amount of hay needed to enable piggies to borrow for warmth, the use of boxes inside the hutch compartments to pack hay around for extra insulation, the possible use of old blankets/duvets to cover the hutch as well (if any members use any/all of those methods to provide warmth and can provide photos)? Just to give other people additional ideas what they can all do to provide warmth ... and pictures always are an excellent way to convey information and best practice?

I have my 3 in a hutch in a brick outbuilding. The hutch has both the hutch snuggle with fly screen and the rain cover with clear front as it's not quite properly indoors and unheated. Would a pic of that fit the bill for you?
Yes please.

Maybe include some photos of heat pads, fleece snuggle sacks, the increased amount of hay needed to enable piggies to borrow for warmth, the use of boxes inside the hutch compartments to pack hay around for extra insulation, the possible use of old blankets/duvets to cover the hutch as well (if any members use any/all of those methods to provide warmth and can provide photos)? Just to give other people additional ideas what they can all do to provide warmth ... and pictures always are an excellent way to convey information and best practice?
Yes this is exactly what I want to cover. Any pics greatly recieved and will of course be credited to the wonderful forum members.

i have some piggies that live outside all year,and have insulator and cover,heat pads and hay stuffed everywhere.Lady Kelly has a lovely set up,i used an idea she had ,a box inside the sleeping area full of hay.i do have some photos of the hutches,but not with it set up for winter,as it is relatively warm still.i can get some photos with the hutches stuffed with hay at night !

Back