• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Picking up new babies tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lizz79

Hi I'm picking up my 2 new babies tomorrow (the last piggies in my life was 5 yrs ago ) I'm Little out of practice, that was one of the main reasons i joined on here to get great advice (cant beat experience) When i get them home I'm going to pop them in the bedroom ( they are going to live in the living room) to settle in and get them use to the new smells of cage, surroundings etc, do you think its a good idea? And with them being babies when can they have fresh veg? Sorry for so many questions and or seem obvious just want to make sure. :)

They can have veg right away :) If it was me I would put them straight into the front room so they can get used to front room sounds etc.

You must be sooooo excited :D

wow yeah I can imagine how excited you are - do you know what you';re going to call them?

I'm excited about meeting Niki's 3 pigs that i'm taking up to Barbara tomorrow, I just love all piggies :D

Alyson

Thankyou ill POP them in the living room straight away then so i can baby talk them lol They are shelties ( i should beable to cope with the hair as I'm a dog groomer by trade...lol :D ) Not sure on names I'm going wait to see them although i do like one name LOULA lol Ill propably put pics on and ask you guys.. he he he ;) SOOOOOOOO EXCITED, i feel like a child on xmas eve!

you must be so excited! how come you didn't have any for 5 years?

i got my boys in march after a 6 year or so gap. i couldn't have any all the time that i was at uni and in rented accommodation etc. so i got my two boys in march and then a new addition last weekend. you will soon get back into the swing of things.

i always keep them in the bedroom for the first night so i can sleep next to them. it was always a big thing when i was little, because it was so new and exciting to have picked them up and to watch them settle in.

they can eat vegetables (as long as they don't have too much) so i'm sure you'll get to know their favourites v quickly :)

have fun!

sarah x

Hi sarah just work really for the gab , and it just seems like a good time to get some piggy loving....lol

Well they are here... pics are alittle dark as was taken tonight and i need to ask santa for anew camera , but ill put some better ones on tomorrow, they were alittle scatty and sacredwhen i first got them home but already they are exploring the cage...I cant decide on names ive been thinking of Dora and Loula, but if you guys could tlhink of anything else I'm open for new ideas..lol
Picture799.jpg

Picture793.jpg

Hi sorry about the pics dont know why they have gone on side by side instead of underneath, ill try to sort it out .. :)

Their names are official now ( according to my little boy lol) They are loula and Dora...

Hi can anyone tell me how to size pleaseeee as I'm useless.. :(

Gorgeous babies, I've just got an alpaca and a peru, I love grooming them, I think it harks back to my Girls World, fussing and brushing ;D

I love the name Loula, we had a little rescue Abby come in and I called her that :)

Barbara

I Picked up my babies last night first time I have ever had any! I am addicted already keep looking at them and can't wait to hear them make a noise and want a cuddle. My children (5 and 2) have called them Toffee and Fifi! I read in one book that they are like rabbits and poo in one place but I'm looking in my cage and it's all over the place, how often do I have to clean them out? They are only 6 weeks old can they have vegtables yet? Or should I just carry on with the pellets. Cheers.

Well most of us do a spot clean daily, poos, food, soiled hay etc and a complete clean on any thing from say every 4 days to weekly, depending on how many you have, how big the cage is and also what you are using for bedding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back