• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Picking Up Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiggieHerd

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have to ask all my fellow piggie parents, does anyone pick up poop by hand?

I only ask this because I had a friend over the other day and she saw me spot cleaning my cage and I was using my hand to pick up my girls droppings and into a cup and she freaked out. I replied, "they are vegetarians and I know exactly what they eat...hay, pellets, and veggies" she still thought it was gross.

I have always removed poop by hand. I do not think that is dirty. They are just little pellets. It is not like it is dog poop!

Oh God yes, all the time. I don't even regard it as poo now.... if that makes sense :)) Non piggy people do look at you in disgust - afterwards offer them a raisin from a bag and see what they do :)

I always use my hands. Especially when it gets down the fleece. I don't see the problem either. I wash them afterwards so I don't see it as an issue. :)

I use my hands when the the poo is buried in the hay. The rest of the time I give the Hoover the job.

I use my hands.

I use my hands all the time. Herbivores have very inoffensive poop! I would never have picked up my hedgehog's poop with my hands, but guinea pig poop is no big deal.

I pick up the odd bits by hand! Lucky for us they are easy to pick up unlike doggy poo. It's fine so long as we wash hands after!

Sounds as though you aren't the only gross one :)

My hands are always in the cage picking poop from the corners etc. I thought that was the norm!

Poo handler here too...only guinea pigs though :) So much easier, my 12 year old daughter is disgusted by me doing it!

Oh gosh, totally agree. It's just veg matter... not like carnivore poop.

Ugh, every day!..... & I've even eaten a hamster poo once...........Oh, how I wish I was joking....aha

Its nice to know that I'm not the only one :D

I use my hands and the dog loves them, they are her favourite treat, she always likes it if I drop one. I can only admit this here! ☺

One of my dogs love Guinea Pig poop, she always walks around the cage if any poop falls out of the cage. She is always hovering when I clean the cage or the minute she get backs from a walk she goes around the cage to see if any dropped on the floor. I thought I only had the weird dog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back