picky little piggies

horsefeather

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
so i bought the girls a small package of fresh dill and a large bunch of cilantro. lulu ate the cilantro but lollie turned her nose up. both were equally offended by the dill. I'm trying to introduce more things than just lettuce that they can have everyday but i keep striking out.

also ladies can i please put away the groceries without getting wheeked at. just bc someone walked into the kitchen, it doesnt mean you automatically get snacks

rp1993

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Our pigs have been the same with herbs, I think you just have to keep trying until you find something they like! Ours are really into basil so they get that as an extra a few times a week.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Have you tried bell pepper and cucumber? Unfortunately they can be fussy eaters. Keep persisting with the coriander. A sprig a day and hopefully they’ll eat it eventually. You can try other herbs as well - parsley (not too often as high in calcium), rosemary, thyme, mint, basil etc.

horsefeather

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Have you tried bell pepper and cucumber? Unfortunately they can be fussy eaters. Keep persisting with the coriander. A sprig a day and hopefully they’ll eat it eventually. You can try other herbs as well - parsley (not too often as high in calcium), rosemary, thyme, mint, basil etc.
they love cucumber. Lolie will eat green pepper but Lulu doesnt like it. blueberry had a hilarious reaction. ever play the carnival game whack a mole? one head pops up then goes back in the another pops up then goes back in. they were like that in thier hideys. niether would eat the blueberry tho.

the dill got cleaned up so some one ate it.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Doesn’t matter if they don’t like blueberry, fruits can be skipped entirely. Try the other colours of bell pepper.

Rivervixen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine love the occasional broccoli. Tried giving them green beans, both got offended... cucumber, parsley and coriander were a real hit. They also love little gem lettuce. I think parsley and cucumber could be things to try for your girls. They don’t get parsley too often, and of course they love the odd slice of carrot :)