pig Toilets

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dobs

Can anyone tell me if the corner pig loos are ok and do they use them. ;D

Barmy4boars

Reaction score
I have used them in the past but found that piggys were very tough to train... they tended to lie in the corner pan rather than do their business in it and it also took up a lot of space, taking away excercise space from them. I did try hamster littler trays for them after that so they couldnt lie in them but they just chewed them.

Abnoba

Reaction score
some people use small litter trays in the areas that the piggies sleep in / eat in, as this is usually where they poo the most... so if you want the cleaning out to be any easier for you, I would suggest just putting the whole house on a tray, or the food bowl on one. when they go to relax or eat, and "let themselves go" you just take the tray out later...

corner toilets havent worked at all for me. Not even for my rabbit, we tried it with him ages ago because he only did his business in ONE corner - if we put a corner toilet in, he chose a different corner to do it ::)

lolseh

Reaction score
I've decided to take mines out because all they do is move them and lie where they were. Soot started doing it then Misty realised he could do the same to his :D

B

Beaney

I have a litter tray in for mine but it is a 'walk in hay rack' rather than a toilet. When mine were very young, I worried about them getting stuck in hayracks so switched to a tray. This way they get plenty of fresh hay but they can play in it as well. Only draw back is the hay does get soiled quickly so needs to changing and replacing twice a day.

My rabbit was very easy to litter train and is very good - I have never trained a piggy to be litter trained though.

SweetEdge

Reaction score
I have tried this a few times with different piggies I have had - and not one would use it... As it seems with a lot of you, mine just used it to lie in....

I watched Tufty once (My old boar) and waited until I knew I thought he wanted to go - picked him up and put him in it, to try and train him... he sat in it a while, got out and then walked away and did his business elsewhere! haha

Ahh well, you can take a piggie to the toilet, but you cant make them go.... ;)

Trace xx

lolseh

Reaction score
Misty used his but after he saw Sooty moving his he decided he'd rather just move it around his cage :)

C

cavykind

Waste of time here ::)
They hadn't a clue, it would be nice if they did use them though!

Status
Not open for further replies.