Piggie Personalities

ricear

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
United States of America (South Carolina)
I recently moved out of my parents house, and my piggies made the move about a week later. They’re settling in nicely. Today, my parents sent a package with gifts for their grand-piggs. Arthur, my youngest, is just about 4 or 5 months, and he absolutely loves the toys. My other two at this age really couldn’t care less about toys, but Arthur loves carrying them around. It isn’t uncommon for him to have a toy in the house he’s napping in or whatever. Anyone else have drastically different personalities in their piggies?

Sweet Potato

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
i have a cute cuddly Spud who loves being pet and is usually asleep or eating or wandering round calmly looking for somewhere to sleep or eat. My other boy is Gunham the adventure pig an active little boy that loves exploring, running and playing with anything new.

Zanzan

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh they all have such different personalities! My Merry plays with toys in a way I have never seen before. He has a ball that he pushes around and a collection of treasures that he likes to keep near him. My Beatrice is a Mrs Nosy who loves drama while Pepper is my Mrs Sensible and steady. People who don't know pigs would never know the personalities they can have!

hannahs26

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Oh how lovely :-) That's like a little puppy carrying it's toy around :-)
Hmm, so mine...
Lola is old mrs chilled... spends a lot of time flumped in a litter tray on a nest of hay, under a hay rack. Will happily have a stroke, chin rub or gentle scratch on her head :-)
Jessie is miss grumpy, always rumble strutting at one or the other girls, hates to be touched until she's on a lap, then loves being stroked and having her feet stroked too :-)
Rayla is a thief, always stealing food from others, even when she has lots of her own left, and interrupts the others in their sleep to steal their warm beds ;-)
and Piglet is our hyperactive toddler, always doing zoomies and really high popcorns, chews everything, climbs on and into everything, is very very affectionate to us and her sisters, and always wants to sleep cwtched up to one of the others :-)
Very different personalities...and we love them all so much :luv: