• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

piggies eating correx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My OH and I spent ages rebuilding the c & c cages. We have made them bigger and better and instead of lino I got correx to put in them. We were well pleased with the results but all of the piggies are eating the correx :o I am worried...those using correx, do your piggies eat it too and what, if anything, did you do to prevent it?

Oh dear, are my piggies the only nutters that like eating it? :-\

I can't help sorry, I'd be interested in replys. I'm getting some correx for my C+C grids tomorrow, I hope they won't nibble it

Maybe try putting the fleece over the correx so theres nothing to chew cos its covered..?

my piggies havent chewed it in their c+c cage :-\ i dunno what to suggest :-\

My piggies used to nibble their correx, i ended up wrapping their fleece over the edges of it & it stopped them or i like to think it stopped them, maybe they just decided it didn't taste nice :-\ ;D

I would suggest the same as everyone else - cover it with fleece, even tape a long piece of fleece to the edge, like babyproofing by adding padding ;D

Thats a good idea, I will have to I think.....it spoils the look of my piggy palace though ;D

Hello m'dear. Boogie is great at this, she used to sit staring at me until she got my attention and then lay into the correx. There's a very easy solution, I will do my best to describe it. Have you ever seen those sliding plastic document spines? They are about 30cm long - I can pm you a piccy if you don't know what I mean. You can get them in primary colours from all good stationers, I get mine from an independent stationers in farnham. They are about 50p each. You just prize them open and slip them along the correx and it creates a chew-proof bite-proof colour co-ordinated edge. Ta da!

It's probably a bit late now, but when you come to replace the correx, add another inch in height. They seem to be more inclined to chew it if it's at nose level or lower. I have done this trick at the door way and in the hammocked corners as when they laid in the hammocks they just used to lay back and pick at it!

x

Now that is a brilliant idea ;D I know exactly what you mean, I will definately get some of those :)

My boys have demolished a corner in there side of the C&C I have to DIY it together with parcel tape.
I have hopeing to either extend or make a 2nd level. Top level for girls and bottom for boars, I am just worried that they wont get much light etc.

Emma x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back