• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Piggies eye

His other eye is perfectly fine but this one eye keeps squinting and closing but then he can open it completely fine. Is this normal?

How much time does he spend with it squinted? And how does the eye look in general? They do sleep with their eyes open, sometimes half closed, so it could be that. But we can’t really tell from your photo. If he opens it normal majority of the time then I would keep an eye on it for now. But if you’re still worried you can take him to the vet. A general vet can check/treat eyes are it’s the same across the animals.

How much time does he spend with it squinted? And how does the eye look in general? They do sleep with their eyes open, sometimes half closed, so it could be that. But we can’t really tell from your photo. If he opens it normal majority of the time then I would keep an eye on it for now. But if you’re still worried you can take him to the vet. A general vet can check/treat eyes are it’s the same across the animals.
Sometimes he can have them open for a while then he closes that one eye which is his right and when he sleeps he closes his eye. For now i’ll just keep an eye on it but if it’s still like that I will take him to the vet! Thank you for the advice!

Back