• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggies in a Flat

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

ss4ya

Does anyone else on here live in a flat and have piggies.

purplegem and i are looking to move into a flat soon and just want to make sure that we arent being horrible taking piggies into there.

have you got a balcony ? if so they can go on there in the summer, I dont see a problem I believe Peter Gurney lives in a flat with his gang,

no there is no balcony, however i believe there is a comunal garden that we may be able to use.

i honestly dont know, we thought about planting some grass inside in a trough so that they could still get some grass.

yep, 2 bedroom ground floor..

some of my lot have the spare bedroom and my parents have my others in one of their spare bedrooms.. That is until we are able to get a house..

The piggies are fine, but what you have to becareful of is contracts and what the neighbours are like.. When the boys squeak I have to tend to them pretty quisk as our neighbour can hear them and we don't want complaints!

xx Kelly xx

I live in a one bedroom flat. The only "garden" I have is a square of concrete. They've been quite happy living with me for over 2 years now. They get fresh hay and readigrass every day.

I lived in a tiny 2 bed high rise flat with 8 pigs! As long as you get them proper indoor cages or build C and C they will be fine!

I live in a house now but my gang still don't go outside as I don't think that the garden is safe.

we are going to keep them in their hutches for a while,

what is the readigrass?

i dont think that the noise will be a problem as we are on the top floor and whatnot.

I live in a second floor flat They are very happy. They have an indoor run. Grass is sent up from my parents in Cornwall several times a week as we don't have a garden!

its cool that other people have got piggies in a flat.

is it ok to keep them in their hutches inside?

absolutely. Just make sure they don't get too hot if you have central heating on in a confined area.

Yes we had Piggie in a hutch inside, now we have the two of them in an open topped 4x2 cage.

wow that gives me an idea....i might try and take the tops off the hutches when we move....hehe

that is cool.

i just hope that we can get the house now.

George and Mildred used to live in a lovely hutch that hubby built but we made the mistake of not raising it off the floor and it went all manky and mildewy underneath. They have a 4ft cage now.

Yes ours is 1ft off the floor, and also home built by hubby ;D

my father made a sort of skateboard on wheels for the big hutch. They are about 6 inches off the floor and can be wheeled around ;D

ahh, two of ours are flat to the floor, but it has wooden floors, will that be ok, or should we get some carpet to put underneath them?

yeah i know what you mean, even if its up like 1-2 inches from the ground that would be fine :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back