Piggies in shed

Fayld

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi my indoor Piggies have been outside in the summer for the last few months now, & now I've moved them into the shed 4 the rest of summer and winter I have fake grass on the floor 4 when they come out to play with me or kids, but generally stay in the hutch at the moment and i leave the doors open during the day while at home but my question is at night time do I actually shut the door (with bolt) there's a few holes in the shed so is that enough ventilation for them? Thanks

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
I think it best you shut them in the hutch. Does the hutch itself have all solid doors or is there one part that’s a mesh?

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
My boys live in my shed. They have a hutch and connected playpen within the shed itself. They have access from the hutch to the playpen all the time. I had been leaving them with access from hutch to playpen both day and night over the summer but I’m finding nighttime temperatures are just starting to drop down a bit (it’s still warm enough though) so I’ve started to lock them back into the hutch at night in preparation for autumn/winter (don’t want a fight on my hands when they have to be locked in due to it being too cold, so I’m preparing them for nights in the hutch in advance!)

Fayld

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Just double doors, no mesh on the doors but when there open while I'm home in the day if not in there run they can roam about in the shed & they cant get out as got wood in front to block them but there locked in there cage at night it's just do I lock the shed doors as well, more 4 warmth really, last 2 nights I just used a bungee rope to leave a gap open for air but in the cold I'll need to shut properly if it's safe enough for air? Hence why I need advice thanks guys I've attached pictures.

Attachments

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
That looks okay I think. There is a window on the shed, and their hutch isn't all wood.

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
You absolutely fine to shut the shed doors. I wouldn’t advice leaving the shed door open at night.

Fayld

New Born Pup
Reaction score
No I wouldn't leave it fully open I just meant use the bunjee rope or fully lock. Thanks

Fayld

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Guess I best tell my postman and couriers to not leave my parcels in there anymore lol, although not sure I'm gonna let them roam around in there when I'm not home even when locked just incase the postie does leave it open or throw a parcel on there head 😫🤣