• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggies Knowing Their Names.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Hazelnut & Peanut Butter know their names, certain phrases & all the words for their favourite vegies. Donny & Mason I haven't had for very long but I'm beginning to think they may know their names. Forgot to ask the rescue if they named them that or they came with those names..

My Hazelnut & Peanut Butter know their names, certain phrases & all the words for their favourite vegies. Donny & Mason I haven't had for very long but I'm beginning to think they may know their names. Forgot to ask the rescue if they named them that or they came with those names..
How sweet! We have some other smart piggles around. :)

O wow so sweet x can gpig tel who is who in house as my sons say they only go wild when they hear me coming down stairs or if am coming in n I say g morning to them every morning as I do with cats too x

O wow so sweet x can gpig tel who is who in house as my sons say they only go wild when they hear me coming down stairs or if am coming in n I say g morning to them every morning as I do with cats too x
I think they can. Mine seem to know when its my mum, dad or I. They ignore my dad but they go crazy for me and wheek for my mum as she gives them treats.
They also somehow know what time I give their veg at and if I'm moving in bed and not properly awake or when I'm about to get up. Thats what freaks me the most. XD

Aww when I go to cage they all come up n jump up tho thought it was coz I feed them so they can smell food tho not sure now maybe they do know n there only me that can pick them up too without having to corner them so am the one that feeds them n give them treat the most :-)

Aww yeh prob so they are 14wks now n had them sins they was 3wks 3 brothers I have

Attachments

• DSC_0065.jpg
    DSC_0065.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 5
Gizi knows her name.... Honey who has a other name of Mizi gets confused and then she thinks she is Gizi! I just say Gizi and they both respond, i think i may have to say Mizi a little more often :)

Linney appears to know her name and the word 'no.' She also will popcorn on demand as a trick, but we have to repeat it a lot in an excited tone of voice, so it may be tone of voice more than knowledge of the word.

They do know the word 'treat' because if I ask the kids to get the guinea pigs a treat they will both wheek, even if the fridge hasn't opened yet.

:)) have you told them often 'stop?' xD They get used to a word I think. :))
Linney has always been really good at stopping when we said no, even as a baby. Frenzy, her original cagemate, had no clue! They both used to try to chew the door frames. We would say, "Linney- NO!" and she would stop. We could sit there and say "Frenzy- NO!" until the cows come home, and she would just chew the doorframe, looking up at us, wondering what we were going on about!

I do stay stop quite a lot especially when they are stealing each others food! I am trying to get them to know there own names so I hope they will learn them soon. Poppy knows back up and high five where she puts her paw on my finger or carrot where she puts both paws on my finger.

Yes! As a matter of fact, Both of my Piggies Pumpkin & Peanut respond to their names! All the time:D
The other day I was talking to my Mom about Peanut being goofy. And when I said his name he quickly put his head up to look at me:lol: It was the cutest thing ever!

Both Toby & Barney know their names. They can both be sat in the hutch and we can say one of their names and the appropriate piggy will get up, come out of the hutch and come over to us leaving the other one behind! Super-cute!

My boys all know their own names. They not only know their names, they know the names of other pigs, which brings up a bit of a sad story; some years back I had 2 males, Sacha and Ojala, who were closer to each other than ANY other animals I've ever seen; they ate together, slept together, etc. Ojala died and Sacha would roam around my bedroom looking for him, making the weirdest cry I've ever heard. Have NEVER heard it from any other pig. Well, I got Sacha a new buddy but they weren't as close.Sacha stopped crying for Ojala.and adapted to his new friend. About a year later, I was talking to someone in my home and happened to mention Ojala; at that point, Sacha came running up to me and once again started making that horrible cry. Makes me wonder not only about pigs knowing names, but piggy memory. (needless to say, at the time I picked Sacha up and cuddled him, and was crying my eyes out.....)

My boys all know their own names. They not only know their names, they know the names of other pigs, which brings up a bit of a sad story; some years back I had 2 males, Sacha and Ojala, who were closer to each other than ANY other animals I've ever seen; they ate together, slept together, etc. Ojala died and Sacha would roam around my bedroom looking for him, making the weirdest cry I've ever heard. Have NEVER heard it from any other pig. Well, I got Sacha a new buddy but they weren't as close.Sacha stopped crying for Ojala.and adapted to his new friend. About a year later, I was talking to someone in my home and happened to mention Ojala; at that point, Sacha came running up to me and once again started making that horrible cry. Makes me wonder not only about pigs knowing names, but piggy memory. (needless to say, at the time I picked Sacha up and cuddled him, and was crying my eyes out.....)
Oh my god thats so sad. Made my eyes all teary just reading it. Poor little Sacha. How sad.

These are all such lovely stories!

It seems quite a lot of piggies know their names or certian words. How great! ^_^

@Julesie Thank you! She is a wee cutey. And also is a magnet for accidents. Her worst one is heights! She always trys to jump off stuff, i think she thinks she's indestructable! lol But in all honesty i am just as clutzy! She is my mini me! lol @mcbeth my piggies definately recognize people, they always go mad when i walk past and they have a sense of when your headed to the kitchen and always go nuts! lol and @PachaPigg That is so sad! :( Poor wee man! i don't blame you for blubbing, i'm with Julesie... my eyes welled up too! Bless!

@Julesie Thank you! She is a wee cutey. And also is a magnet for accidents. Her worst one is heights! She always trys to jump off stuff, i think she thinks she's indestructable! lol But in all honesty i am just as clutzy! She is my mini me! lol @mcbeth my piggies definately recognize people, they always go mad when i walk past and they have a sense of when your headed to the kitchen and always go nuts! lol and @PachaPigg That is so sad! :( Poor wee man! i don't blame you for blubbing, i'm with Julesie... my eyes welled up too! Bless!
I don't think piggies have the best depth perception. A lot of mine have tried to jump. Romano on Christmas day, my sister in law wanted to hug him so I took him out and handed him over. He immediately tried to jump out of her arms into mine and it was lucky she caught him as I was too far away. Silly boy.
Haha how sweet. Like mother like piggie. =)

Haja! Very lucky! I had a moment like that last month. Took Twix to the vets and i had to stand back from the table because she kept running to me and hiding. But when i stepped back she leapt of the table and i managed to catch her! Phew! :) She cleared some distance though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back