Piggies Not Bonding!

Status
Not open for further replies.

irene

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ok so here i am again, looking for reassurance LOL!! I have my precious Cinnamon almost one year old, Peruvian (I think), extremely laid back; everyone said don't keep her as a solo piggy so about 6 weeks ago brought home little Pepper (Aby I think, wasn't aware of the personality traits!) very hyper, vocal and bossy! there is no actual fighting between them so i have them together; but Pepper does sort of bully Cinnamon....she will take veggies out of her mouth and then go and drop them in the cage! she doesn't even want them just wants to take them from Cinnamon; and she is always at Cinnamon's rear! the poor thing can't turn her back on Pepper! ; she also will often evict Cinnamon from whatever hidey she is in at the moment. Anyway, my question is, is it still better to have the pair even though Cinnamon seemed happier alone? I 'm so afraid that she might be stressed out by Pepper and it looks like Cinnamon has yet another URI; as i said they don't fight and sometimes eat side by side; is it possible that with more time Pepper will settle down a bit? Sometimes i think she just wants to play and Cinnamon just wants to chill out!

As Pepper is just a youngster, she will settle down more. But Pepper is the new top sow and not yet feeling secure in herself and in her new elevated position. Weigh Cinammon daily to make sure that she is not losing weight and if necessary, feed her separately.

As Pepper is just a youngster, she will settle down more. But Pepper is the new top sow and not yet feeling secure in herself and in her new elevated position. Weigh Cinammon daily to make sure that she is not losing weight and if necessary, feed her separately.
thank you!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back