• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Piggies not drinking water

Jazzypiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi all,

I have changed my piggies cage two days ago from a Midwest to a 3x4 c&c cage (quite a big difference for them!).

I've noticed that they haven't been drinking from their water bottle. I have a feeling that it may be due to the change in layout and style (much bigger space and now not surrounding by a plastic base)? They're still eating, pooping, peeing and behaving 'normally'. Has anyone experienced something similar? If so, do you have any tips to help them to drink?

Obviously if they still don't drink, then I will take them to the vet. It's just weird as took them both 3 days ago for a general health check up and all was good!
IMG_20210322_193228.jpg

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
They are probably just settling into their new space - are the bottles still in a roughly similar location? As they are still peeing normally, then I wouldn’t worry at this point

They won’t deliberately not drink, so do just give them time. They will get water from their veg as well and the amount piggies drink varies anyway.

Jazzypiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
They are probably just settling into their new space - are the bottles still in a roughly similar location? As they are still peeing normally, then I wouldn’t worry at this point

They won’t deliberately not drink, so do just give them time. They will get water from their veg as well and the amount piggies drink varies anyway.
Thank you for your advice :) yes they're in the same kind of place, hopefully just a bit lost and will work it out 😂

Bill & Ted

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
It may be due to the open “roof” of the C&C cage which is making them a bit spooked. Could you drape a blanket over an area of the cage perhaps? We use a 3 x 4 C&C as a run and I must say our piggies are more skittish in there than in their Ferplast cages, possibility because they have a “roof”

Jazzypiggy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
It may be due to the open “roof” of the C&C cage which is making them a bit spooked. Could you drape a blanket over an area of the cage perhaps? We use a 3 x 4 C&C as a run and I must say our piggies are more skittish in there than in their Ferplast cages, possibility because they have a “roof”
That's a good point! Will try this out :)