• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Piggies Not Drinking?

Status
Not open for further replies.

irene

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi all, just wondering how concerned i should be; during the last 24 hours my 2 piggies water bottle has remained full; they are otherwise acting normally; they both eat a good amount of peppers but still usually drink a fair amount? any ideas?

I wouldn't worry; the daily intake can vary a lot. If you are worried, I would check the bottle as to whether the spout is clean and working fully. Otherwise, they will drink as soon as they are thirsty again.

I agree some piggies drink a lot some very little at all. If the bottles working fine then it might be a case they are getting enough hydration from their veggies and no needing to take on anymore via the bottle.

I wouldn't worry; the daily intake can vary a lot. If you are worried, I would check the bottle as to whether the spout is clean and working fully. Otherwise, they will drink as soon as they are thirsty again.
Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back