Piggies not pooping or eating at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Bradley and Barney have changed cages and are now in an 8ft run under my window, the problem is that at night they will not eat, drink and so of course they don't poop! This has only been since I've changed the cages over and they aren't getting the amount of light that they used to (used to get a bit of light off the streetlamp outside because I never shut my bedroom curtains) Their food and water is at one end of the run and their house at the other, I've read that guineas don't have very good eyesite so do you think it's because they can't see where their food is? They are bright and alert and don't seem bloated but this morning all they had produced over night was 5 or so tiny poops, they're eating fine now. Any ideas? My other piggy Rodney is fine though...:{

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Why don't you move some food and water into to the house, so they can get at it through the night. I suspect it has less to do with not seeing (piggies can see better in the dark than us humans), but because they are afraid. They shouldn't be without access to food and water for so long. You may also find that food lying out may attract other animals.

Reaction score
Wiebke, there's no worries about attracting other animals as they are indoors, the run is their new indoor cage. They seem better and are munching away right now, I think it's due to change so have moved their food and water to the middle of the run with their house on one side and tunnels and stuff on the other.

Status
Not open for further replies.