• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggy Bath

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rach_91

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I gave my gp a wash tonight as his fur was knotted still can't get the knot out! I used pets at home small animal shampoo and won't be doing it again in a long time my gp Russell hated it! He kept squeaking while I was trying to dry him with a towel, how has anyone else's gp reacted to a wash?

We only bath ours when absolutely necessary, I seem to get more on me than the piggies!
I now it shouldn't be done as a regular thing but he has a knot on his tummy and I can't get it out even when I tey I think it's huring him as he pulls away does anyone now what I could do ?

Have you tried cutting it out? When we rescued our Dougal, he was in a terrible state. Gave him a massive hair cut and found lots of knots. Hasn't taken long to grow back though, time for another haircut to get rid of the winter growth!

Yeh I find cutting is the best way to get rid. Though a bath before hand helps keep the cutting neater (coming from an expert that's done it once lol)

Reactions: Tim
I've got a abruvian, she's in my avatar, so underneath all her long hair she has rosettes, sometimes she can knots but not to bad, if it starts to get tangly i just cut them out, it's a lot easier and less stressful for her.

She's still pretty stroppy when it comes to grooming so if she's really moody I'll get my sister to hold her and give her a veggie treat while i do the snipping.

If we keep on top of her brushing she's very rarely gets them but don't try and brush the knots out.

I hope you find a way to tackle them! :)

I agree that it would be easier, and less stressful for all parties involved to cut the knot out!

Please ask someone else to help you if necessary - You will likely find it much easier/ less stressful if one person holds Russell, whilst the other person attempts to cut the knot out!

'Pets at Home' sell 'Mikki Ear & Face Scissors' - The scissors feature rounded-tips, which should prevent accidental 'nicks'!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back