Piggy capture basket!

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I got this amazing basket house from Amazon that made it so easy to catch the piggies for today's cage clean, they were queuing up to ride the basket house bus to playpen land! Its rhe Living World Green Reed Hut guinea pig house. Just need to watch for when they eat through the floor :)
20190911_093243.jpg

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I would really recommend this to anyone with a short arms, a big C&C cage, and too many guinea pigs! Big Pig Clover (in the photo) was first in today and she's usually the last to be caught, I often have to climb in the cage and get poops between my toes to persuade Clover into a carrying hidey- but no poop toes today!

sport_billy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I got this amazing basket house from Amazon that made it so easy to catch the piggies for today's cage clean, they were queuing up to ride the basket house bus to playpen land! Its rhe Living World Green Reed Hut guinea pig house. Just need to watch for when they eat through the floor :)
View attachment 122046
That is awesome! Do you have a link? We can add it to our picking up guide?

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Can't post links on my phone I'm none too tech savvy... I'll try remember tomorrow at work on my proper computer- wednesdays are my "working from home" (ie communing with guinea pigs) day!

Alisa3114

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would really recommend this to anyone with a short arms, a big C&C cage, and too many guinea pigs! Big Pig Clover (in the photo) was first in today and she's usually the last to be caught, I often have to climb in the cage and get poops between my toes to persuade Clover into a carrying hidey- but no poop toes today!
I could have done with that last night when I was trying to catch the girls. They seem to have figured out the corner of the cage where I am too short to be able to reach them 🙄

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
I could have done with that last night when I was trying to catch the girls. They seem to have figured out the corner of the cage where I am too short to be able to reach them 🙄
Yes our C&C is L-shaped so there is a 2x3 corner area where they know I cant get to them... that's where the loft is too so sometimes I have to climb right in then kneel down in poops trying to keep my "happy encouraging" voice going while attempting to herd Clover out to where I can catch her!

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Yes our C&C is L-shaped so there is a 2x3 corner area where they know I cant get to them... that's where the loft is too so sometimes I have to climb right in then kneel down in poops trying to keep my "happy encouraging" voice going while attempting to herd Clover out to where I can catch her!
I have a 5 x 3 C&C and have to climbin to reach the back corners. I learnt over the years to always change into an old pair of trousers before doing so, there's always the poop you missed or the unseen patch of wee. :doh::))

Alisa3114

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think I would collapse the table if I tried climbing in to catch them 😂 It's the 2x3 corner on ours they know I can't reach also