• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggy cushions for my daughter!

KHBz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't resist posting pictures of these, a birthday present for my daughter. Given that I was using not-very-good photos from a mobile, which I then had to adjust, crop to a square, and have blown up to 35.5cm x 35.5cm and printed on fabric, I think the result is pretty good. My daughter was delighted, anyway! One side shows Ophelia and Bianca as babies, whilst the other side has more recent photos of them from this summer. I didn't have a particularly good selection of photos to choose from but I love the one of Bianca as a baby. For me, it is just like looking at baby photos of my children when I exclaim "oh, wasn't she sweeeet!"

IMG_9131.jpg

IMG_9133.jpg

I had to make two cushions, not the one I had originally planned which would have had the baby photo of Bianca on one side and the baby one of Ophelia on the other, because my daughter (12 years yesterday) would have felt sorry for whichever piggy had to face the wall whilst the other one was on display! I know my daughters. Things even have to be fair for the piggies so that they have equal representation! (Although there is Bianca in the background of Ophelia's baby photo, so it's still not quite even, but I decided that since she is blurry, it would be acceptable 😉 ...) The other side then had to have both of them in each photo :nod:

You are very talented, your daughter will love them x
That's very kind of you. I didn't sew the cushion covers, though -- I wouldn't be capable! When I said 'made', I just meant designing how I wanted them to be (although 'designing' is too strong a word!) I think the photo company did a really good job all-round.

Wow! I think my kids (yes even the 12 year old) would love this!

Wow! I think my kids (yes even the 12 year old) would love this!
Thank you! I think my 15 year-old would like two as well, although I will let her choose the photos. I was very unsubtle with my younger, trying to find out which were her favourite guinea-pig photos and then editing some of them when she was around! I usually make photobooks for birthdays and Christmas but haven't had time to put together the birthday ones this year. She didn't suspect anything, not knowing about the possibility of cushions.

Where did you order them through? Think my daughter would love something like this for Christmas.
It's Vistaprint 🙂 Their customer service is so unusually good that you can be sure that if there are any problems they will immediately sort them out. I have lost count of the number of photobooks I have made with them over the last 5 years (catching up on a decade's worth of digital photos that I had never printed out). The calendars come out well too. They have a 'refer-a-friend' scheme -- shame I can't refer an entire forum !

It's Vistaprint 🙂 Their customer service is so unusually good that you can be sure that if there are any problems they will immediately sort them out. I have lost count of the number of photobooks I have made with them over the last 5 years (catching up on a decade's worth of digital photos that I had never printed out). The calendars come out well too. They have a 'refer-a-friend' scheme -- shame I can't refer an entire forum !
Thank you, I shall be looking into that in readiness for Christmas.

Back