• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Piggy limping

Gustavo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
When I took gustavo out his cage today i put him on the floor so i could grab my other piggy, i noticed he was walking weird. I looked closer and he seemed to be limping like. Hopping on one foot. I wish i could insert the video because its really bad but when he walks he keeps the one foot in the ait. What should I do? I dont want him to be in pain. I doubt my other piggy caused it since hes a baby and follows him everywhere. If anyone wants me to send them the video I will.

Attachments

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
When I took gustavo out his cage today i put him on the floor so i could grab my other piggy, i noticed he was walking weird. I looked closer and he seemed to be limping like. Hopping on one foot. I wish i could insert the video because its really bad but when he walks he keeps the one foot in the ait. What should I do? I dont want him to be in pain. I doubt my other piggy caused it since hes a baby and follows him everywhere. If anyone wants me to send them the video I will.
Hi!

Is he still putting weight on his leg or not at all?

Please be aware that a sprain can happen at any joint between shoulder/hip down the legs and that the issue is not necessarily located in the foot itself. You will also hobble with a twisted knee...
Sprains are not at all uncommon; all it takes is a bad landing on one of the legs.

If in doubt, please see a vet.

Gustavo

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi!

Is he still putting weight on his leg or not at all?

Please be aware that a sprain can happen at any joint between shoulder/hip down the legs and that the issue is not necessarily located in the foot itself. You will also hobble with a twisted knee...
Sprains are not at all uncommon; all it takes is a bad landing on one of the legs.

If in doubt, please see a vet.
Hi thank you, I was looking and he seems to have an indent right above his leg.