• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggy Meal prep

Yusuf

New Born Pup
Reaction score
*POSTING FOR A FRIEND*

Hey guys, so I have a friend who's rescuing 3 guinea pigs from a local shelter and asked me how she can do a meal prep for the piggies and whether someone can give her an outline of what veg to feed everyday and what can be the occasional treat

also any good container ideas to use for when storing the veggies would be great!

any links to fruit/veggie charts would be awesome too!

thanks guys!

🐹🐹💙🐹💛🐹💚🐹💜🐹🧡🐹🖤🐹

:agr: And to add -

Fruit including tomatoes and carrot should not be given regularly but can be used as an occasional treat, no more than once per week.
High calcium veg such as parsley, spinach and kale should also be kept limited to one small amount once per week.

Along with the ‘long term diet guide’ @Siikibam linked in, there is also this guide Edible And Forbidden Veg And Fruit List With Vitamin C Grading

Perfect! And she's adopting 2 sows and a boar, and she's super excited!

and definitely will suggest it to her! 🤗🤗

Where is she located? Does she have a vet lined up already?

we're based just outside of leicestershire and yes, the pets at home vet in my local area seem to be very reliable, and I've spoken to local guinea pig owners/friends who all recommend them :)

Okay good. Look at the link below as well and bookmark just in case.
Vet Locator

Back