• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Piggy pimple?

ThomasThePiggyDad

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Morning!

I picked our boar Biscuit up this morning for some piggy cuddles. I noticed that he has what looks like two pimples on his belly. One in the middle and one close to one of his back legs. They don't look infected or particularly inflamed and there is no accompanying rash, swelling, bloating or fur loss in the area. Biscuit himself is his usual piggy self, eating, drinking, zooming and popcorning and having fun with his brother. They're pre-adolescent and have been rumble strutting and having nose offs but we've not seen Teacake attack his brother so we're certain they're not bites. They look exactly like face pimples.

Do we need to be concerned?

Thanks!

Could you perhaps post a photo? We can’t really tell from just a description.

Thanks for your replies everyone! Sorry I didn’t provide a photo, Mr Biscuit did not appreciate his belly being looked at lol

I googled some photos of piggy belly buttons and nipples and it looks exactly like them! Mystery solved! <3

I'm also thinking nipples... male guinea pigs have them too.

Back