Piggy Quirks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizGuineaGurl

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello! I thought it would be nice if there was some where we could talk about our favourite little 'quirk' our piggies have or ask about any queer behaviour traits.
For example, Liberty doesn't squeak or wheek, she coos like a pigeon. (Someone is going to tell me this is a serious medical condition now...)
Hope to see some cute things!

zombieprincess

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My Ponyo does a little "Pfft" noise after each wheek, and Blake kind of stamps from one foot to the other and gently chuffs and chatters his teeth when he is waiting for his food. Rummer runs up the hutch door (it folds down) to put her feet on my tummy when i open it. Harvey was a champion popcorner and just generally bad when he was younger, but he's just lazy now. Oh and i'm certain Acorn is narcoleptic, because one second she will be standing, the next she will be pancaked and fast asleep.

katanamoon

Photo Competition Winner
Reaction score
Thor hasn't realised that he isn't actually a racehorse - his popcorning is mostly bucking his back legs out with his head sideways, practically hitting the floor. He also tries to run when he's excited, but only his back legs realise it so he has to do mad little hops to keep upright :))

Pixel loves cuddles and will plop herself down on your lap straight away, but woe betide you if you so much as touch one of her feet when you have nail clippers in one hand - she will turn into the squirming pig from hell.

Widget will sit very politely still, which is great, but she won't give any indication of a full bladder until it's waaaaay too late.

Kerrie74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Big E is a bit funny and really thinks he "the man", he's a tough little piggie. The reason I say he thinks is the man is because of the way he stands and looks at you like "Yeah! Come on then!". He likes to do laps as well and does popcorns!

Jericho walks round his cage chuntering and shouting, he's a bit of a biter which I assume is because he wasn't handled much previously, both Jericho and Big's will plonk themselves on my bed if I stroke them while there on there.

Storm is a bit temperamental piggie lol, he doesn't like haven't his tummy/sides touched, he will round house kick you if you do touch them, he's very stroppy and hormonal! He likes to popcorn and shakes his head.

Snow is quiet and shy, popcorns lots and learnt to moan when you touch him in the wrong place, loves his cucumber.

Nattie - squints (not sure if she has a problem with her eye) she will moan when the other girls come near her but is always at the side of the cage when you do her veg.

Khaleesi is a bit shy, she has gorgeous big eyes, she likes to wind both Nattie and Cocoa up.

Cocoa is small, she's a lovely little girl who wheeks when it's veg time, she doesn't take any stick from the other two.

We have Cesaro and TK as well but we're still getting to know them :)

VickiA

Staff member
Reaction score
Violet is our smallest but fiercest piggy. Wheeks very loudly but like a ventriloquist. Took me ages to realise she was the noisy one of the pair as you can't see her wheeking!

Connie closes her eyes during a chin rub or head rub also when she's got her favourite veg. It's like a "bliss look". She climbs the bars in excitement but isn't the noisy one.

Mr Ted has a peculiar habit of inviting me to give him a head and chin rub. He likes to reverse until his rear end against the grids at the back of the cage then he coos until you stroke and tickle him.

New girl Mollie has a HUUUGE wheek and when she is in full swing with her head thrown back her little pink ears flap in time with the wheeks. It's hilarious.

Harry&lloyd

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Katie definetly is the quirkiest out of my lot. She has the loudest wheek, runs for cover at the slightest sound but is at the bars shouting for food when hungry. She also bites her food bowl and turns it about a millimetre between every mouthful. She will also drag her bowl to her hides if she wants breakfast in bed.
Lloyd is banned from plastic pigloos as she insists on flipping them over ALL THE TIME which annoys Harry.

Lilly

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
My Hazelnut has fabric fetish & won't walk on my tile or wood floors. I have to lay down towels and fleece for him to walk about anywhere. Also use vetbed in his cage because he will not walk on any other bedding. He also likes to elevate his head for some reason so I make little pillows out of baby socks stuffed with baby flannel or give him a stuffed baby-safe toy and he actually does like to use these as pillows for his head.

biscandmatt

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
one of benjie's quirks is he whacks his cosy tunnel with his head and says 'EEEK' really loudly, like a mouse! :)) he usually does it a few times in a row and it's so funny. i always say 'is there a mouse in the house' and that makes him even more excited for some strange reason! :)):luv:

kkschmitz

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Smudge- bites mom, not me. Also, he is the loudest pig there ever was and wheels at even the slightest noise

Fudge- his favorite food is hay, and he recently figured out that he can wheek. Whenever he hears the hay bag rustle, he squeaks in the highest pitch wheek that he can muster ( part of me thinks that this is to be annoying and to get hay and attention, and part of me thinks that he is just super bad at wheeking

Freela

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Frenzy was spooked by men with deep voices... my dad always tried hard to make friends, but as soon as he spoke she was GONE! LOL!

Linney used to do the dominance purr with strange noises... the sound when you dialed the phone, the sound of our remote control, etc. Apparently anything that could be potentially a weird-sounding guinea pig needed to be put immediately into place. She was definitely queen pig and there was no forgetting that fact!

Sundae doesn't like when I clean out the cage. She hovers around looking worried and keeps trying to get back in. I clean the cage when she has free time/snack time. I open the door and go and get snacks, and the pigs are always waiting at the foot of the stairs for me to come with the treats. When I come down with plastic bags in my hands for the used shavings, Sundae immediately runs back in the cage and has to be forcibly evicted!

Hadley relaxes in ways that look acutely painful to me... she does the guinea pig flop where she twists her lower body to the side, but the somehow ends up with her back feet sticking out the back angling in the other direction. It looks uncomfortable, but she snoozes like that all the time so it must not be!

Status
Not open for further replies.