• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggy Running Away

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noodles

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi everyone,

I have had my piggy a month now. Had him castrated nearly 2 weeks ago.

At first he was very timid and I could always pick him up no problem at all. He never ran away he just sat there and let me pick him up. He also takes food from my hand and comes to the front of the cage to take treats from me. Now when I go to pick him up he is running away from me is he just more confident with me? I'm always so gently and give him a treat so he associates being held with something positive. Maybe he doesn't like me?! He never used to run away? Any advice would be gratefully received. Thank you

He is getting more confident in that he is no longer frozen. Could you try to train him to come into a little walk-in cardboard box with some soft hay to entice him in so you can lift him out without having to chase and corner him?

He is getting more confident in that he is no longer frozen. Could you try to train him to come into a little walk-in cardboard box with some soft hay to entice him in so you can lift him out without having to chase and corner him?
That's a good idea, I will try that. I have ordered a snuggle cozy and I thought I'd try enticing him into that too. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back