• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Piggys Feeding Routine Advice Needed Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hey all!

I have a question on feeding vegies to my piggys, normally they are given a large bowl full of random veg (the right stuff) but I'm concerned I'm not quite doing it right. They have long strand hay on tap the racks is always full, they also have a bowl of dry food (pellets with added vitamin c additive) and daily water bottle fill with filtered water ( i use a britta filter which has been prepped the day before) normally i fill a bowl and let them eat and remove what's left after a few hours.

I read a post on a veg routine and rotation which i though was a very useful bit of info, but I'm unsure of the quantity of veg in weight per day per feeding and should they have one of two of these meals daily.

I'm sure i read somewhere (not on the forum) they should have 50G of each veg per pig twice a day. but I'm pretty confused what's right for them. can someone give me the correct feeding amounts per pig please!

hi i believe its 50g of veg per piggy per day, in as many sittings as you want :))

I never weigh. I give around a teacup full of mixed veg, split into two servings. Then they get apple cores or bits and peices as I eat and prepare meals throughout the day. xx

Thanks ladies, I'm going to go with 50g of veg per pig twice a day using the weekly variety rota that was posted on the forum, see how my little ones get on with it.
I'm open to suggestions or more advice on feeding, i just want to make sure they get the right diet to reduce the risk of common illnesses through the wrong diet.

I don't weigh my veg either :red I just fill a stir fry plastic tray (which when bought held 500grms of mixed veg) and distribute it evenly through the piggies bowls sometimes they eat it all sometimes they don't.
My house piggy has a small tray in a morning at a small tray at teatime

I think if any of mine had health isssues I would weigh, but I'v had up to 30 guinea pigs sometimes, it's just not feasible, the old cup has worked well so far. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back