• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pigs Are Like Kids! *sigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

AbiS

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hand feed breakfast to the boys when I'm on my days off. So this morning I kneeled down at the bottom of the stairs as usual, the boys normally sit by my knees and put their front paws on my knee when they are ready for another bit. However, I wasn't fast enough this morning so Barney jumped on the bottom step, kept his bum on there but put his front half on my knee where he helped himself to the bowl. He was actually in a good place and I had some lovely strokes. Sadly, I then ended up with a dressing gown covered in little bits of broccoli. I also did not realise that he had dropped some juicy red pepper on my nice clean, white dressing gown. I then looked down and noticed that Toby had moved and had also placed a bit of red pepper on the bottom of my dressing gown. He then started to climb up onto my knee for more breakfast with red pepper juice dribbling out of his mouth. I am now filthy and look like I have been bleeding all over myself!

I'm pretty sure this must be like having toddlers!

Wonderful! They obviously trust you completely. It's such a wonderful bond between piggies and their mums and dads :)

The girls at work laugh at me. I am normally a totally unsoppy person and don't really like to show my emotions but whenever they ask me how the boys are my eyes well up and I say 'I just love them sooo much'. It is lovely that you can also see that I have a really close bond with them.

That's what I was saying to my boyfriend the other day. About how they were like kids! When I get them out in their run I have them some hearts of romaine. Liquorice took a piece of romane from my hand and then snatch came up from the back and snatched it off him (you can see where he got his name). So I said to snatch 'stop fighting with your Brother (I call them brothers even though they are unrelated) otherwise you don't get any treats tonight' and then I looked at his wee face and was like 'well you'll get treats either way because I love you loads and I'm a pushover but stop fighting'. Unfortunately it led to an argument about human kids! :roll:

So sweet when the juice unfortunately dribbles out of the sides of their mouths :luv:

That such an adorable story, all my boys will feed from my hand, its so lovely when they run up to you and put their little paws in your hand.

My husband always jokes that he now knows his place on my affections list -" that's at the bottom "- :lol!:

Ha ha. That's so funny. I'm glad I'm not the only one that ends up a mess after hand feeding. It's amazing how much can get stuck to a fleece dressing gown. I went and bought a new one with the good intention of using the old one for piggy time. It lasted about a week and I now have two piggy dressing gowns. Although they do love snuggling in them and hold their wees as we'll - maybe shouldn't have said that :doh:

They are my kids. I've never had any and I must say I prefer my piggies to kids. You can't lock kids in a hutch/run all day and do as you please. Selfish I know but the four step kids are enough to make up for me not having any. :yahoo:

They are my kids. I've never had any and I must say I prefer my piggies to kids. You can't lock kids in a hutch/run all day and do as you please. Selfish I know but the four step kids are enough to make up for me not having any. :yahoo:

They don't answer back either !! --- and have you ever tried getting your kids to eat up all their greens ?!

We ought to make a pro's and cons list for piggies versus kids

(Don't get me wrong - I do love my kids as well :whistle:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Awww some piggies love their mummy!

My piggies are my babies! When my neighbours kid wants to see them I'm always reluctant because he wants to hold them all the time and I can tell the piggies don't enjoy it one bit. (Kid is currently banned because my OH saw him using the dog this morning to terrorise the gorgeous ginger cat Loki)

And I certainly would choose my piggies over having children… mean I know but I really don't like children at all. *shudder*

Awww some piggies love their mummy!

My piggies are my babies! When my neighbours kid wants to see them I'm always reluctant because he wants to hold them all the time and I can tell the piggies don't enjoy it one bit. (Kid is currently banned because my OH saw him using the dog this morning to terrorise the gorgeous ginger cat Loki)

And I certainly would choose my piggies over having children… mean I know but I really don't like children at all. *shudder*
You sound like me. I hate anyone handling my pigs :agr: I'm not too keen on kids either :nod:

Hi, I've never liked kids either. All my maternal feelings are for animals. I work in retail and a lot of us feel the
same. It must be seeing other peoples screaming brats all day. Although my boys can be like that if I'm not quick enough with their veggies!

Hi, I've never liked kids either. All my maternal feelings are for animals. I work in retail and a lot of us feel the
same. It must be seeing other peoples screaming brats all day. Although my boys can be like that if I'm not quick enough with their veggies!

yep thats what put me off as well

First time I compared my piggies to kids was when we took them to the Cavy Corner Pignic last summer. I put the 5 of them in a large cage that just managed to fit from door to door across the back seat. They're normally very well behaved but about 1/2 way there on the 85 mile trip the squeals & squeaks began. They were like this for the rest of the journey making me comment to my oh that it reminded me of when we took the kids to the seaside when they were young. The piggies must have tired themselves out at the Pignic because they were mostly sleeping or just laid chilled out on the way home.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back