pigs n fireworka

Status
Not open for further replies.

Craig David

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hello everyone happy new year. How were your pigs with the fireworks? i didnt realise pigs were scared of them but craig wee'd all over the place was chattering his teeth and ate one of his own poos i had to give him a little cuddle. Dave wasnt too bothered. i hate fireworks for scaring our pets xx

Abi_nurse

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Mine dont seem to bother, just sit quietly and listen. Bless him, i'd give him cuddles too. Eating poo is normal tho. I hate it too. My cat is terrified of them, i get angry when theres loads going off lol.

x

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
pigs were fine, but as usual, our neighbours forgot to tell us that they were putting on a display. This really pi$$es me off, big style! OH kept asking about noises on our conservatory roof (we've had a string of problems with rooves of late) and sure enough, there's a 'firework' on it this morning.

They're so dangerous, they should only be handled by professionals... one of my students nearly lost half his hand on Bonfire Night... It's too built up here, it's a fire hasard, I hate it....

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
not sure I made my point.... I hate fireworks!:p:p:p

Vanilla

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My two piggies have been fine. I think it depends on the individual piggie.

Mother Hubbard

Forum Donator 2021/22
Reaction score
My girls aren't brill with fireworks, luckily we live in an area where it's not deemed respectable or acceptable due to livestock at the bottom of the garden. However we live approximate 5-7 miles from a country estate that regularly has events and fireworks that are huge and feel like were having earthquakes......so I do my best to keep the noise down, windows and vents closed, fleece over the cage etc, and extra hidey holes.

I used to love fireworks but not so much near the house for sure. 8...

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I hate fireworks. My pigs sat and listened, then legged it and hid :(. I just hate fireworks, I really do.

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
None of mine bother at all and nor do my cats.

Reaction score
i know they must be very scary for our little piggies. what is even more shocking is on halloween night we went to a display at barclays not knowing there was firewoek and they set loads off. what makes it more terrible is there were wild rabbits just hoppin around the grass and the first one went off while a rabbit was next to it. it must real confuse them with the lights and all the smoke xx poor animals

Reaction score
Fireworks are apart of the fixtures and fittings around here.

Christmas for Santa's arrival by RLNI rescue, every Thursday on the quay from July to August and again August to September on the beach then Halloween at the 'Park'. Then sometimes there is the odd expensive wedding down at Sandbanks. all these venues are within 2 miles of us and can not only be heard but sometimes seen including Bournemouth pier Friday night bashes in the summer!

Its the Harley Davison owner at the bottom of our road that upsets my boys...every Sunday morning, the bad launguage from them :x then not much after my son's sports bike as he goes out (to the Quay).
I guess they must mutter about my motorbike when I dust it off in the Spring and start riding. 8)
Straight through exhaust are their distress :o

BellasMummy

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My girls were fine, they hid but didn't seem too scared. I gave them some hay when there were quite loud bangs and they came straight out and ate it :)
My dog was shaking and my cat was scared too :(

Craig David

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
aaw craig must be a softy then. i had him in the living room having a run around so that may be why he got scared more. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.