Piiggy in the middle

Flibbertygibbert

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Ok so the other day I posted about one of my quartets, squeak, being taken to the vets as she doesn’t run away. They checked her and she’s fine. I’m weighing her daily and she’s slowly gaining. She doesn’t run when I check them each morning and happily eats from my hand. She drinks and runs around outside where they spend most of their time. But she seems very separate from the other three and whilst they are all popcorning around like mad she stays pretty solitary. They age from 9 weeks (fudge and bubble) and 11 weeks (squeak and treacle)

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
How long have you had them?
Does she ever interact with the others?
Did you get them in separate pairs and bond them yourself etc? I’m just wondering how the quartet came about!
Cage size?

It could be that she is bottom of the hierarchy, or it could be that their bond isn’t going to work for the long term and cracks are beginning go show but without a bit more information at this point those are just my first thoughts

EDIT - I’ve just looked back at your other posts and seen that they’ve only been together for a week. It takes a couple of weeks after introduction for them to form a hierarchy and relationship. They won’t be long from their teens etc. I would keep an eye on them and see how things go for now.

Flibbertygibbert

New Born Pup
Reaction score
They have a 6x2 double tier hutch that all but squeak use both floors. During the day they have a 6x5 run and spend 12-14 hours in this. I’ve an 8x6 shed arriving next month they can free roam in that will be attached to run. The two smallest pigs 9 weeks were bought together and treacle and squeak 11 weeks are two weeks older and lived together.i got the youngest two about 10 days ago and the oldest 6 days ago. Treacle and squeak will both eat from my hand but the youngest two are happy to grab and run.

When in the run squeak spends a lot of time alone and in their hutch during their non sleep times she avoids them. They will play happily in their run although squeak will go seek alone time first. There’s no bullying I’ve seen or signs of injury or sickness. Clean bill of health from vet and I weigh sane time daily - she’s not losing but gains aren’t obvious. They eat side by side ok too

Piggies&buns

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Thanks for updating.
I’d keep an eye on things and see what happens and if she consistently chooses to isolate herself. Everything is so new at present and it takes a couple of weeks to establish the hierarchy.