• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Pining for more piggies

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tallulah

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been looking at everyone's pictures, and there are some great ones of lots of piggies together, I'm so envious!

I'm down to five in individual hutches now, and I do miss having piggies interacting in groups.

We used to have so many, and we never had an issue, if we had a new piggy girl she was just added in with the existing girls. Lots of food, keep an eye and no problems! At one point we had four or five hutches joined together with ramps, full of a piggy family.

Another time we had a six foot by two foot hutch, with big bedrooms, and then an underground tunnel into a six foot by 10 foot run. It was amazing!

I have to admit in those days we did have a some litters, (we don't do that any more), a couple planned (sorry but like I say not any more) but a few surprise when we bought piggies who turned out to be pregnant. We also rescued, from vets, from friends, through word of mouth, and so we had so many at once, all in one big happy family, with little groups of boys separately, all getting on just fine.

It's such a contrast to how it is now, and since I'm moving soon and having to leave my guineas with my mum and just see them at weekends, I can't add to them anymore. It's very sad! I'm pining for a big piggy family again, and longing for a big stable that I could fill with piggies.

One day.....

Thanks, I just keep getting this urge to rescue every guinea I can. This however is neither realistic, or even slightly possible.

I shall have to spend my days planning the ultimate guinea house ready for one day....

I had to stick to strictly only two for five years... and couldn't have any at all back in my rented flats in Switzerland for nearly over a decade!

A time will come when you will be able to have your wish fullfilled!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back