• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pink urine ?

Guineasoftx

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello all.
I have a 6 month old female who is on Baytril and Doxycycline who seems to have bright pink urine. Today is the first time I’ve noticed it, and when tested with peroxide does not fizz as if it were blood.
she hasn’t eaten anything red tented, and I’m just needing to know what my next steps would be

hmm not too sure, when googled it mainly brings up blood
there is also this " Pink or bloody urine normally indicates that sludge or stones are present."
i wish you luck figering this out! and i hope your gpig is fine!

Last edited by a moderator:
I would get her back to the vet for a check to see. Hopefully it's nothing. How long has she been on the baytril and doxycycline? Was she diagnosed with UTI?

Do you know why she was given both and not just baytril? Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it tomorrow.

Do you know why she was given both and not just baytril? Hopefully they'll get to the bottom of it tomorrow.
It’s protocol at my vet to give both for URI. For all my pigs have gotten the combination when they have one.
and I’m hoping as well. It was only twice I saw it. Then normal urine. So I’m just at a loss !

Back