• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pink wee

rp1993

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just let the piggies play in a white Paper back and noticed that one of them seems to have pink pee, they did have some strawberries earlier could it be this or should we keep an eye on it? Not noticed anything in their cage but they do have dark pee pads. image.jpg

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Just let the piggies play in a white Paper back and noticed that one of them seems to have pink pee, they did have some strawberries earlier could it be this or should we keep an eye on it? Not noticed anything in their cage but they do have dark pee pads. View attachment 150514
Hi!

If you see more and redder pees or squeaking when peeing in the coming days, please see a vet. As it is, it rather looks like stained pee; and it could be from the strawberries.

rp1993

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi!

If you see more and redder pees or squeaking when peeing in the coming days, please see a vet. As it is, it rather looks like stained pee; and it could be from the strawberries.
Thanks @Wiebke I will do, not noticed any squeaking but I will keep an eye on them!

Scooter Pie

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I agree it looks like strawberry pigment, but keep an eye. We've dealt with bladder infections three times. You do hear squeaking/crying 🥺 and see them kind of rear up on their back legs when peeing. It's good to keep some lighter colored fleece or bedding around so you can check easily.

Oh, and the fur around their rear can get messy too, as another sign to look for.

The good news is that at least in our cases, the infections cleared up really quickly once they started meds.

rp1993

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I agree it looks like strawberry pigment, but keep an eye. We've dealt with bladder infections three times. You do hear squeaking/crying 🥺 and see them kind of rear up on their back legs when peeing. It's good to keep some lighter colored fleece or bedding around so you can check easily.

Oh, and the fur around their rear can get messy too, as another sign to look for.

The good news is that at least in our cases, the infections cleared up really quickly once they started meds.
Thanks! I’m holding that’s what it is, I have checked both their bits for staining but there isn’t any there. I will also keep an eye on their puppy pads under too! And no more strawberries for now!

alpacasqueak

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Thanks! I’m holding that’s what it is, I have checked both their bits for staining but there isn’t any there. I will also keep an eye on their puppy pads under too! And no more strawberries for now!
Hopefully it was just the strawberries, keep an eye on them but sure the gorgeous boys are ok :)
Gave my three a cherry tomato each the other day, then freaked out the next day with the pee stains thinking OAP Jess was having trouble with her kidneys! :doh: Nope just tomato fun! :)) 🙄x