• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pinkish pee?

EilyStet

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone! Recently I have noticed that my pig Truffles has had pinkish pee. I hade only noticed this after sometimes feeding her tomatoes besides that she is completely normal. She is active, eating well, and social. I have not heard her make any noise while she wees and she has healthy poos. I just want to be cautious and make sure that she is healthy. I will include some of the pictures bellow. One picture is on a piece of toilet paper when it was wet. The other picture shows somewhat wet urine that is drying or dry. If anyone has any advice or has had a similar situation I would love the feed back!

Attachments

• 20200808_151052.jpg
    20200808_151052.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 20200808_151444.jpg
    20200808_151444.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 6
Hi! Veg can discolour pee.

It if it really is the onset of a urinary tract infection or cystitis, then it will take several days for symptoms to firm up and become clearly diagnosable. In this case the red stain would be porphyrin and not necessarily blood. Even deep red cystitis pees can test free of blood while clear pees can come back very high - believe me; I have got those t-shirts in my cupboard!

See a vet if you either notice unmistakeable symptoms of a urinary tract problem like squeaking when peeing or if your piggy is suddenly looking very off (usually the sign of a stone stuck in the urethra or one of the ureters and blocking them - the last is an emergency).

Hi! Veg can discolour pee.

It if it really is the onset of a urinary tract infection or cystitis, then it will take several days for symptoms to firm up and become clearly diagnosable. In this case the red stain would be porphyrin and not necessarily blood. Even deep red cystitis pees can test free of blood while clear pees can come back very high - believe me; I have got those t-shirts in my cupboard!

See a vet if you either notice unmistakeable symptoms of a urinary tract problem like squeaking when peeing or if your piggy is suddenly looking very off (usually the sign of a stone stuck in the urethra or one of the ureters and blocking them - the last is an emergency).
Thanks for the info! I will keep an eye on her, from what I have noticed it only seems to happen after having tomatoes. It dried down to a pale orangey color. I will keep it in mind though!

Back