• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

piperazine for guinea pigs

A4730833-11A6-4A95-B1BB-CB3FE038DD5F.jpeg
i found this poop in their cage which had this worm mucus thing wrapped on it can someone see this?

hey guys my another vet just saw this and asked me to give all my piggies Bayer Advocate can someone please check if this medication is appropriate for this case of my piggies?

Advocate contains moxidectin which is similar to ivermectin but much stronger so dosing would have to be very precise- HOWEVER it also contains imidacloprid, an insecticide, which is for fleas and has no effect on mites or worms or protozoa or any parasite affecting piggies. This product doesnt sound too safe or appropriate here, there is no safety data on imidacloprid for piggies or rabbits because they dont tend to have flea issues.
Its a no from me I'm afraid :(

Advocate contains moxidectin which is similar to ivermectin but much stronger so dosing would have to be very precise- HOWEVER it also contains imidacloprid, an insecticide, which is for fleas and has no effect on mites or worms or protozoa or any parasite affecting piggies. This product doesnt sound too safe or appropriate here, there is no safety data on imidacloprid for piggies or rabbits because they dont tend to have flea issues.
Its a no from me I'm afraid :(
🤯thank u so much for explaining i ll just stick to good old fenbendazole then!

hey guys just got my covid results today and i am covid positive 🥲

Attachments

• B9DC8B88-8320-4038-B52D-A78C50077ACD.png
    B9DC8B88-8320-4038-B52D-A78C50077ACD.png
    125.5 KB · Views: 7
so sorry for your bad news :( wishing you a speedy recovery :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
i changed my room😭 i used to sleep in the same room as my guinea pigs but just right now i moved to an isolated room in my house so that my piggy stays safe😭😭

I'm sorry to hear about your covid result. Wishing a speedy recovery to you and your pigs 💕
In the UK when everything comes at once we say "It never rains but it pours!" but I guess if you have seen a monsoon season you'll know all about it!

I’m sorry to hear that. I wish you a good recovery.

hey guy's sorry to disturb u again but i got my piggies fenbendazole today and i am trying to feed them 0.4 ml of it (panacur 2.5% solution) with the help of a syringe but its been 1 hour since i have been trying and not even a single one of them took it. they are squirming like crazy and biting us we tried everything we covered them with a towel we trued giving their back support but nothing helped even a little. As i am also sick i got really exhausted and couldn't proceed further. Can someone please suggest what to do how to feed them the medicine. Is there any way like putting the medicine in their fruits or something because they just don't like a syringe near their face and they run away from the syringe

It’s better if you give it directly. You will just have to be firm I’m afraid.

Back