• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Plants Will Have To Go!

Janice C

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
145ECBE5-0C30-40A4-8292-BE971E7480C2.jpeg New addition ( yesterday) is proving a handful!,
Not only has she tasted every single piece of wood in the room she is now climbing up to eats the plants on the window ledge!
Thankfully have a high ledge in the room to move them too as I don’t want her poisoning herself!
She’s thoroughly delightful though! Very friendly and lively. Will make me a little better after losing my boy at Christmas.

She is lovely, it's good that she's lively and entertaining, furniture looks better with a few teeth marks in it. I have to say that 'cause I belong to that club. :))

She is only exploring her new place! And loving the taste of everything too!:drool:

Ahhh that's what that glint was in her eye yesterday :)) what a little mischief

She is lovely, it's good that she's lively and entertaining, furniture looks better with a few teeth marks in it. I have to say that 'cause I belong to that club. :))
I know! There’s hardly a skirting board that’s intact in this room! My boars were in here before going to their wives so they just carried on enlarging the chew marks that a Shadow Bun had made! I’ve sprayed the wooden tables etc with Grannicks bitter apple spray in the hope she’ll not eat her way through the dining table!

Careful what flowers they eat - I had a large vet bill after one of my piggies decided to eat a lily leaf. Deadly to cats apparently. He was not impressed with having to stay at the vet's overnight!

Naughty little bun - but such a beautiful cutie - everything must be forgiven :luv:

Thankfully I saw her! She’d just tried to nibble a flower of an African Violet. Not sure if dangerous or not but unless she takes up flying she won’t get near them now!
She’s just like a toddler - nibbling and tasting everything! Bless.
Glad you noticed your wee piggy nibbling Lillies. They are so poisonous to pets aren’t they? I remember having to dig them out our last garden as we had feral cats coming to get fed.

Lovely little minx. Clearly a curious little girl :love:
Noticed you also had a house rabbit! My last one was male and used a litter tray all the time. Flossie, so far, has used the sofa, carpet, rug, window ledge etc, etc! She has. A litter tray and I keep putting the poo and scooping up pee into tray. Does yours use a tray? My friend has two buns and before she introduced the neutered female her boy used a tray now, it’s everywhere!

Lol sounds like she is going to keep you plenty busy. I'm sure no one will mind if you share more photo's of her.

4BA51B1D-1332-4F6D-95DA-E81971135220.jpeg 154182ED-6E83-4821-9912-31E33CEF4B4D.jpeg
Lol sounds like she is going to keep you plenty busy. I'm sure no one will mind if you share more photo's of her.
Here she is! Just peed the sofa right in front of hubby who’s threatening her with a shed! He wouldn’t though! My iPad now being attacked! Better train her soon!

Noticed you also had a house rabbit! My last one was male and used a litter tray all the time. Flossie, so far, has used the sofa, carpet, rug, window ledge etc, etc! She has. A litter tray and I keep putting the poo and scooping up pee into tray. Does yours use a tray? My friend has two buns and before she introduced the neutered female her boy used a tray now, it’s everywhere!
My little man Oscar is very good at pooping in his tray with the odd poop elsewhere in his room. He basically trained himself all I did was change the position of the litter tray until I found the place he preferred. Maybe try the tray in a different location in the room for her.
My little man is a bit of a grumpy old man at 6 years
7C5A7452.jpg

My little man Oscar is very good at pooping in his tray with the odd poop elsewhere in his room. He basically trained himself all I did was change the position of the litter tray until I found the place he preferred. Maybe try the tray in a different location in the room for her.
My little man is a bit of a grumpy old man at 6 years
View attachment 73234
Well Madam Flossies favourite peeing location is the sofa! Not sure I can sit the pee tray there! She was peeing and pooing right along the back of the sofa so I tried putting newspaper along the top - then I sat down in a piddle! I’ve been collecting her offerings and putting them in her tray in the hope she’ll learn! My last Bun was a male and during the day he’d wait at the door to be let out, hop over to the old hutch and do his business there! Forgot males are usually better than the females! My boars were the same - came out of their nests to pee while the sows just pee everywhere!
I wouldn’t change her for the world! I’ll just keep persevering and she might get the message!
Your Oscar looks really relaxed in his photo!

All the bunnies on here are so adorable. Going to come a steal them even if they are naughty. Just work on training her a little, but with such a cute face I expect its hard to tell her off.

Back