playpen bottom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I was looking to get some ideas on what to use for the bottom of my piggies playpen. I'm using a heavy shower curtain right now. The girls have chewed on that and thats a problem. I thought about linoleum but would like some other ideas..Thanks

Guinea pig slave

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ask in supermarkets for the disused hanging signs, it's stronger than coroplast. I explained I adopt piggies :(|) and they gave me loads in B & Q and my OH got about four 8x6 sheets last week so we have just fitted all new bases in the pens.

Reaction score
Oh yeah..my dad had given me big sign that hung from his tractor trailer and that was heavt duty. Too bad thats long gone. Where can i buy coroplast?

LindaChef

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I use wipe clean table cloths. The ones you buy on the roll by the meter. I went into our local discount fabric warehouse and asked if they'd got any ranges which weren't very popular/not selling that he could let me have at a discount - after all no one's going to see it as it will be underneath newspaper, hay etc. It works brilliantly. roll up the newspaper with the hay and poop in it and give it a quick wipe clean with a disenfectant spray - fantastic and quick.

Reaction score
That's what I do to, only my daughter insisted that we have a pink princess tablecloth for the girls and roadrunner for the boys :{

Reaction score
I think linoleum is the way to go. My girls are serious chewers. I can roll it up when i have the pen put away. Its strange they were fine for over a week being in it during the day and all of a sudden they chew it. A peice of coroplast is cheaper than i thought to fit the pen but its havin a place to store it...

Reaction score
Yay

I'm going tomorrow to get coroplast. I'm going to make it like i was making a c&c cage. No more kicking poop and hay out onto the carpet. A 4ft x 8ft peice is only 10.00 $...I'm excitedx)

Status
Not open for further replies.