• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

PLEASE HELP LIMITED TIME!

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lilgalnatalie

http://i22.ebayimg.com/02/i/08/a5/b8/f3_1.JPG    :)

Is this hutch sutiable for guineas? its on ebay and ending soon.

if not
;D heyy thanks 4 the help, as on another post my dad still refuses to get me a cage, i have 4 piggies 1 coming up 1 next month, 2 in adolsences and 1 coming into it next month, so i really need help with choosing a right cage, all hutchs seem to be so narrow and cold inside. i need a cage without this narrowness but it must have a lid because i have 3 cats aswell little help? ?

As others have said - not at all suitable! Needs to be bigger and it would hurt them.

There are much nicer cages around!

No way! Its not a hutch its a rat cage, I have 1 myself for some of my rats and would never ever put a guinea pig in it!

;D heyy thanks 4 the help, as on another post my dad still refuses to get me a cage, i have 4 piggies 1 coming up 1 next month, 2 in adolsences and 1 coming into it next month, so i really need help with choosing a right cage, all hutchs seem to be so narrow and cold inside. i need a cage without this narrowness but it must have a lid because i have 3 cats aswell little help? ?

heyy thanks 4 the help, as on another post my dad still refuses to get me a cage, i have 4 piggies 1 coming up 1 next month, 2 in adolsences and 1 coming into it next month, so i really need help with choosing a right cage, all hutchs seem to be so narrow and cold inside. i need a cage without this narrowness but it must have a lid because i have 3 cats aswell little help?

Sorry I missed the piccy of the ebay cage but just wanted to say... for 4 piggys you will need plenty of room. You can over lap C&C grids to make teh cage slightly narrower... I have done this in the past. However its not good to make it too narrow as the dimesions suggested on teh cavy cages website allow them to run laps comfortably. Another benefit of having C&C is if you get more space you can easily expland it. I can't imagine a store bought cage that would be big enough for 4.

If the guineapigs are to remain outside (I think you said your dad doesn't want them inside) it might be more cost effective to get a local joiner/handiman or your dad if he's into diy to make a large hutch, say 10ft long by 2ft deep, there'd be enough space then for all of them and you could have it designed to fit your available space. Just an idea :)

I guess it depends on your budget, but I've just bought a fab cage from www.zooplus.co.uk.

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/rabbit_cage/14082

It was £69, roomy and you can move it about on the castors as it would be a bit awkward otherwise. Or you can buy it without the stand for slightly cheaper at £49.

Mine have to stay inside unless I supervise as we have foxes in our garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back