• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

kerutok

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I got my new guinea pig (turns out it was 10 months old) and my loki is scared. My new one in Chasing him, butt sniffing, mounting and lightly teeth chattering. What do I do my dad said if the pigs don't bond one of the pigs is going. :( PLEASE HELP bonding them together!)

THANK YOU

it took mine a month to get used to each other, and at least three months to start to really be comfortable with each other. it sounds like the new one is trying to be dominate

My pigs did this as well. As long as they aren't lunging at each other or biting, I would let them be, but keep watch on them. The new pig is trying to assert its dominance. It settled with my pigs after a few days but I suppose it could take longer. Make sure there are two food bowls, two water areas, and two hidey spots so that they can both have their own separate areas if they need it. I'm no expert on bonding though, so make sure they have enough room and places to hide from each other for sure.

Could I ask where you are trying to bond them ? You will also find that boars can hit the dominance stage anywhere between the age of 8-18 months so it may be difficult and take a lot of time but then it may never work.

Are there no rescues near you ?

Please read the links we have given you; they contain vital information. At the moment, it sounds par for the course. The most critical time when boars wake up in each other's company for the first time.

Here is another thread which you may find helpful in working out whether things are going Ok or not: https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/boar-dating-service-wales.59233/

Chasing and mounting is all part of the course, light teeth chattering i would be watchful that it doesn't progress any further as i've found they vary the teeth chattering on how annoyed they are. Light chattering i just keep an eye on things, if both start then i would be wary. At the moment it all sounds normal but i would keep an eye on things. Like Wiebke says the most crucial time is after the first nap as it can be make or break. A good tip is to provide a place Loki can go and hide that other one can't get into if he is smaller then the other piggy. Things will calm down fingers crossed.

I was trying to bond them in a location where they have never been to.
They are not any rescues near me :(
THANK YOU FOR ALL THE HELP I WILL DO EVERY THING I CAN! :) :/
So when they both wake up i can try again (Loki's already awake)

THANK YOU!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back