• UK storm warning - Danger of unseasonal high winds and falling trees! Please secure any hutches and sheds, and bring your guinea pigs and rabbits indoors if possible! Click Here for info
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Francesca90

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this is please? Does she need vet?

Francesca90

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what this is please does she need vet

image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Veggies Galore

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Dear Francesca,

I am sure one of our health and illlness gurus will be answering your post shortly.

Can you add a bit more information - especially what country you live in ( e.g. UK / US ) as this will help with the advice given.

Does your guinea pig live alone?

Francesca90

New Born Pup
Reaction score
hey sorry I'm in uk & no she lives with another piggie indoors, get plenty off floor time out off cage. She keeps scratching where the sore is ive just put a little bit off cream on for now.. A little worried :(

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi! A scratch like this can be an indication of mites or fungal; it looks less like a burst cyst to me. Please see a vet for a proper diagnosis and adequate teatment.
We have got a piggy savvy vet locator on the top bar. Please take the companion, too, in case they both need treatment.

PS: I have integrated the picture into the thread for you.

Francesca90

New Born Pup
Reaction score
It's a scab on the picture and the one near her ear is a open little cut.. I'm Going to take them both tomorrow I'll worry like hell if I dont ... Just thought I'd put on here first has first time ever come across this

Status
Not open for further replies.