Please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
well my silly oh brought me home 2 peruvians today as he knows how much ive been lusting after a pair but was having no lucky with rescue centers, however i had already said to him i was prepared to wait till they had some as i was in no rush well he saw them and thought i would be really happy at first i was and even though they came from a pet shop i wasn't going to send them back as that is simply mean its not their fault my oh is impulsive well he said that they told him that they are 2 sows however ive looked and i think different so i wanted to get everyones opinions before i have to think about sending them back as i simple don't have room for 2 boars as my girls and single neutered boar live in a C and C pen and i don't want anymore babies so any opinions on what sex these lovelies are.

462.jpg

I've only added the one pic as both are exactly the same and the other one just refuses to stay still

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hmm, the pic isn't really clear enough to tell. Have you looked on the guinealynx website? If you press just above the opening the penis should protrude if it's a boy. Hope this helps :).

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Yeah I cant really tell by the photo as hes too blurry, if you push gently the top of penis it should start to poke out.

Reaction score
thanks shellza i have done this and yes it does protrude but then i have had a girl with a rather large ****erous so i just wanted to double check. Sorry the pic isn't very clear it doesn't help that they have black bits lol

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hmm, I would say if it does the same with both of them then it's more than likely they are boys :{. What are you going to do with them if they are? If only I had the room I'd take them off your hands :))

Reaction score
unfortunately if they are boars then they really will have to go back as the only indoor cage i have wouldn't be big enough for them to live forever happily they are currently in a 120 which is what i use for quarantine but i know they need at least twice that to get on happily once the hormone stage hits.

I'm going to try and take a clearer picture

brb

Reaction score
ok well i'm hoping these come out that bit clearer and the more i look the more i think that they are boars because it looks more and more like a doughnut then a y starting to be really glad that i do quarantine all my piggies before introducing them to my others.

Heres the newest pics hope they come out that bit clearer.

466.jpg

467.jpg

if these still aren't clear enough how do i get them clearer as it seems the grey and blacks don't show up properly

Hanwombat

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well there is a 'dot' at the top of the Y - well it looks it

But I'm not convinced - doesnt look like my boys mainly bits

Shellza

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I can't say for certain either lol. The first one I thought looked like a boar, but the second one looked like a sow mallethead confused.com :{

Guinea-pigGaga

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The pictures aren't clear, and I wouldn't like to confirm either way. However, I believe the above picture confirms that you have a sow/s.

Reaction score
yes the dot is definitely there that is what is making me question it think i may take a quick trip to the vets and get them checked anyways because if their girls then they have got to get registered anyways so can't see it hurting i just want to be certain before i put them in my sow pen for obvious reasons lol

lily 74

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

My first opnion was that it is a sow, my sows have that dotwithin a y shape. Does it look more like a y than an i then t is likely to be a sow.

I'd pop to the vets and have them checked:)) I love peruvian's I have one myself:))

Reaction score
personally I wouldn't risk it, a quick trip to the vets would confirm one way or the other. Babies = noooo! x

Status
Not open for further replies.