• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

XbeccaX

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I was advised to put this on a new thread so people see it. To cut a long story short, I think my Misty pig has pneumonia. Does anyone know any vets near York that would be able to help tonight/tomorrow? Heres the original thread

http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?p=958903#post958903

Please help, pneumonia took our Minnie last year, I can't let it take my baby aswell 8...

Andrw is the exotics vet at this practice - they have several surgeries and always have a vet on call for emergencies. Ring the number of the nearest surgery to you and the call centre will pick up.

http://www.battleflatts.co.uk/practice_information.htm

If your piggie is haing difficulty breathing it may be that the vet needs to give them an injection of furosemide diuretic to reduce the fluid in the lungs as well as a stronger antibiotic or higher dose of baytril. You may also need to handfeed critical care or mushed pellets as once a piggie can;t smell and has respiratory problems they go off their food and it is extremely important to keep their guts moving.

Good luck

x

Thankyou. We managed to find an emergency number for our vets, mum rang and explained the situation. He said he will be able to see us tomorrow, as we had already put the pigs to bed when we rang & decided we didn't want to disturb them and cause them stress.

If my baby is still with us tomorrow I will do everything I can for her, please have Misty in your thoughts and prayers tonight x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back