• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Please send healing vibes for Ruth!

furryfriends (TEAS)

Forum Founder
Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Director at TEAS (East Hunsbury) Northampton
Please send healing vibes to Ruth! She was looking really unwell last night. She was very wobbly and shaky and I feared we were reaching the end. As she was so weak, she could only take syringe food very slowly. I spent the evening feeding her little and often. She’s looking very much better today and is enjoying her ‘all you can eat’ buffet. I’ve temporarily split her from her friends, as they were grabbing all the food from her and even taking it from her mouth. She’s currently in the hospital cage, in my kitchen. She’ll remain here until she’s well enough to rejoin her friends in the log cabin. She’s due her regular dental on Tuesday, but I’ll bring it forward, if necessary! I think she was just running out of steam yesterday and she has already gained over 60g in weight. Although it’s lovely to be part of a bigger group, they can nosedive if they start to feel unwell, as they just can’t compete for the food. As they get weaker, competing becomes harder!

I feel very much more positive about Ruth today!
❤️

AE1A01DF-A59E-40EA-B997-978978A19EDB.png

Aw, beautiful Ruth, keep chomping little lady x Hope Ruth recoveries quickly now she’s getting a bit of “one to one” with you Debbie x

She's moving around well and the shaking has stopped! She is having a go at eating everything and seems much more her old self! It's scary how quickly they can go downhill! She was bright as a button yesterday morning and I seriously think, she was very close to death at teatime!

I do worry about keeping bigger groups, with the dental piggies, but they do love being part of a herd, so it's balancing out the risk!

Oh lovely Ruth. It’s amazing how quickly these little ones can go downhill. She’s so fortunate that she lives with you and you saw the signs. I hope she continues to perk up.

Me and the boys are sending lots of healing vibes for the beautiful Ruth. Glad she’s having a better day today! I agree, very scary how quickly they deteriorate. One of our babies suddenly started to look very ropey, but bounced back over the last couple of days and is happier than ever!
These piggies like to keep us on our toes!
Come on little Ruth, keep improving gorgeous girl 💕

Oh lovely Ruth. It’s amazing how quickly these little ones can go downhill. She’s so fortunate that she lives with you and you saw the signs. I hope she continues to perk up.
I honestly think, within a couple of hours, it would've been too late! Also in her weakened state, she could barely hold her head up, but had hidden herself away in a cozy, so this wasn't immediately obvious. It was only when I was distributing the veggies and realised she wasn't up at the bars, that I investigated further! Much to the disgust of Zoltan, the veggie distribution came to an abrupt halt! He really is such a naughty piggy! 😂

I know how just how much piggies can monopolise the food. Posh and Ginger would revert to taking veggies out of Ted’s mouth if they thought he had something they wanted to eat, little monkeys

I’m glad she is feeling better. Have to say I love that you have a piggy called Zoltan though 😂
Very, very naughty Zoltan! 😂 He came with his name, as do all of the piggies. It's very rare that we would change a name! Zoltan was the one who had an abscess that had tracked from his jaw, throughout the whole of his body! Simon was amazed that we got him well! He had five areas where pus was bursting out and I had to squeeze the pus out, and flush all these areas, without any help, as we had just gone into the first lockdown! I wasn't sure how I could do it, as I just didn't have enough hands and couldn't get anyone round to help. In the end I used a cushion, that I propped up at the back of the sofa, and then just pushed his back into the cushion, holding him with one hand, allowing me to access his jaw, neck and abdomen, so I could then use the other hand to hold the syringe to flush. It wasn't the most elegant way of doing things and honestly looked a bit like an act of cruelty, but with lots of squeezing, flushing and 11 weeks of antibiotics, we won! I therefore think he is allowed to be the most demanding and naughty piggy in the cabin! 😀🥰

Sending healing vibes. You are right, they can crash so quickly, yet with prompt and correct nursing it is amazing how well they can bounce back. Sending vibes for you too, I know how strong your emotions can be with the poorly piggies, and that on top of all the added stress covid restrictions must be heaping on you xx

Sending healing vibes. You are right, they can crash so quickly, yet with prompt and correct nursing it is amazing how well they can bounce back. Sending vibes for you too, I know how strong your emotions can be with the poorly piggies, and that on top of all the added stress covid restrictions must be heaping on you xx
Thanks Nicky! It's such a difficult time! I am trying to get coursework done, but finding it hard to concentrate, as my head is all over the place! Worrying about how much longer I can keep TEAS going, without being able to hold events, as well as wondering how long I can keep my business ticking over, until people can start taking holiday again! Seeing Ruth looking so much better today, has certainly lifted my spirits! xx

Sending healing vibes to Ruth, glad she is brighter this morning! 🥰

My 3 Old Maids send Ruth lots of healing vibes and say keep chomping for your Hooman. Meg says that Kim and Simon are excellent piggy dentists and she loves both of them. Betsy and Patsy say that they love Recovery food and that you should scoff as much of it as you possibly can as often as you possibly can.

Wishing Ruth all the very best. Lots of kisses and healing vibes from my four 😘

Finger very firmly crossed for poor Ruth!

My 4 asked me to send lots of hugs and healing vibes. They are also pleased to be given the news that Ruth is feeling much more herself today. I second that! Good on you Ruth and hooman for fighting it xx

Back