• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Please send positive vibes for Gizmo tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joey&Gizmo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A few months back Gizmo had been for a xray to rule out stones, as he begun to squeak while weeing. The xray showed no stones only arthritis, which was a relief. He has been on metacam since, but has on and off days when he squeaks when weeing, so we had been back and fore to the vets who said it could be intestinal cystitis, so we monitored it and increased his water intake and cut out certain veg which irritated his bladder.

But now he seems to have more bad days than good days, so tomorrow he is having another xray. I'm booked into see the vet at 10.40am where he is feeling the bladder and then having a xray, I'm hoping that i can wait once he is having his xray, as their were two options 1. drop him off at 8.30 and then wait until dinnertime for the phone call or 2. go at 10.40am and then have his xray, so i chose the later one as the less time they spend there the better.

I really hope he hasn't developed any stones, so please can you all send him some positive vibes.

I have packed their little day bag with tasty hay and their cosies. Its going to be so hard taking him back and maybe leaving them again. 8...

Gizmo, Nigel and Christopher are sending their good vibe wishes to Gizmo for tomorrow. Fingers crossed all will be ok. Is Joey going to keep Gizmo company?

Gizmo, Nigel and Christopher are sending their good vibe wishes to Gizmo for tomorrow. Fingers crossed all will be ok. Is Joey going to keep Gizmo company?

Yes Joey will be going along too, he said they can do whatever they like to Gizmo, just dont touch him. :))

I think they know something is happening tomorrow as they have been very close up the hayloft, like they are talking about something.

I hope that tomorrow brings us some good news. x x

They know their going to that dreaded place :))
I'm sure all will be ok hun (((hugs))) x

Good luck! Have you considered an ultrasound as sometimes stones can be too small for the xray to pick up. We had that problem with Rudi

GOOD LUCK GIZMO XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

awwwww whee do hope it will all be ok love xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Glad you're taking Joey, i do this when Velvet has to go in too (like yesterday :() all paws, claws and fingers crossed for Gizmo xx>>>xx>>>xx>>>xx>>>

Worrying over, waiting over and the boys only spent 2 hours at the vets!

NO STONES! I am so relived. But the xray did show that his arthritis is advancing so the vet wants me to up the dose of Metacam to 2 drops twice a day for a week and then see how he gets on, if no improvement we will be trying a new medication. He also said there was a small amount of sludge and to continue to increase his water intake and did suggest fruit juice if he wont take much water, but I'm not sure on that one and i will stick to the water. He also said his bladder felt thickened.

When i picked them up Gizmo wouldnt speak to me and turned his back to me, but as soon as we pulled up onto the drive he wheeked! Joey still hasn't forgiven me, even though he didnt have anything done. They are both out now munching on some readigrass.

Thank you everyone for the wishes and support.

oh thats great news, I will still send my healing vibes to him tho and hopefully he will improve on the new metacam dosage. It maybe that he has built up a bit of a resistance to it so fingers crossed the new dosage will work

Great to hear that he's officially stone free. Fingers crossed you can find a way of relieving his pain, whatever is causing it.

Did you ever try Cystease? Sorry, I can't remember - I know this has been going on for a long time now x

Great to hear that he's officially stone free. Fingers crossed you can find a way of relieving his pain, whatever is causing it.

Did you ever try Cystease? Sorry, I can't remember - I know this has been going on for a long time now x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back