• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Please someone help us

Bradshaw Piggies

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Odin is now struggling to eat syringe food. Simon is still away for another week.
He can’t eat. He’s dropping weight. What do I do?

I’ll try. I don’t know what to do about his brother. Odin is constantly crying because he is constantly chasing and humping him. With Odin being so thin and weak, I don’t want his brother to hurt or kill him

Huge hugs ... I am so very sorry with what you are going through ... I really emphasise I went through almost exactly the same scenario a month ago with my guinea pig, Melvin. It is exhausting to care 24/7 and heart-breaking to watch their pain and inability to eat. Melvin was a lot older than your young piggie tho, so your piggie's youth will give him strength.
My Melvin was weakening fast, and so I made the decision to separate him from his mate Bella, as she was also 'bothering' him in the same way you describe.
I was aware however that a separation would likely break Melvin's and Bella's bond and if separated, that is likely to happen with your boys, which would be a great shame.
Is there any way you can place Odin in a hidey with an exit, but one that isn't big enough for his brother to hump him ... like on a mat under a log tunnel ... or similar? Just a thought?
I really hope you can get an appt. with Simon ... I wish I had been able to get Melvin to him and didn't trust the advice of my vet, a decision I will always rue.
I'm holding you close in my thoughts.

Hello Marvel_Piggie_squad gosh that’s a horrible situation to be in - we are all here to support you and try to help you. lots of good advice given to you tho and hopefully that will help a bit. Syringe feeding little and often would be good and as furryfriends says. I wish you strength to keep going and I really hope you can get an appt tomorro ! Sending you both lots of healing vibes 🥰

Thank you all. It’s such a horrible situation. I’m having to force him even the tiniest bit of critical care now. It’s like he can’t chew.
I worry his brother will kill him because he’s weak

Sorry for all the frantic messaging. They were separate for a week once when Odin was hospitalised. And went back. I’m going to have to make the hard decision and separate: Odin just doesn’t have the strength

I can’t thank you all enough for the support. It’s going to be a long night ahead. Odin is clearly hungry with the way he is going at a piece of watermelon. He just can’t eat anything else

Me and the piggies are sending you and Odin our love and healing vibes. Hoping so much that you can get an appt tomorrow and keep us all updated (if you get time between trying to get him to take his feeds) x

Back