• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Please someone help us

Glucosamine doesn't interfere with aything. You mix the contents of 1 capsule with 2 ml of water. Shake repeatedly until it has fully dissolved and then again before you syringe it. A small medicine bottle would be ideal.
You can either give 1 ml of the solution 2 twice daily or 2 ml every 24 hours; there is isn't much in it. Please be aware that it needs some time to build up and that the effect is very gradual and near unnoticeable - but you may notice the beneficial effect after you have stopped.

All the best!
Thanks you so much :)
How long should I keep him on it for?

Aren’t these wonderful little creatures just amazing ! No wonder we are all so devoted to them. That is such a lovely picture Marvel_ piggie_squad - it bright tears to my eyes but also made me smile - so pleased that Odin is being looked after so well by you and the lovely Thor - seeing much love and healing hugs to you all - hoomans and furry babies

I can’t believe it... Odin was doing so well, but we have funny chewing again! Acting like there’s something in his teeth again :( especially when eating hay.
I’m hoping maybe the Zithromax he’s on again has brought his oral thrush back again and it’s nothing more serious!
But I’m out of intrafungal :( and can’t get any from vet now it’s weekend

Just made a trip to Northampton for an emergency appointment.
had a chat with Kim.
His teeth had grown again in under 2 weeks (despite him eating well) and caused ulceration.
We have 2 options:

-he will either become a dental pig and I’ll have to make the trip every 2 weeks to have his teeth done. (Which obviously has an impact on finances and logistically we are 3 hours away)

-he’s having Xrays here on Friday, and if it turns out there are other significant issues, such as calcium deposits or stones that are contributing to lack of chewing and teeth growth; then we will need to make a difficult decision.

Just made a trip to Northampton for an emergency appointment.
had a chat with Kim.
His teeth had grown again in under 2 weeks (despite him eating well) and caused ulceration.
We have 2 options:

-he will either become a dental pig and I’ll have to make the trip every 2 weeks to have his teeth done. (Which obviously has an impact on finances and logistically we are 3 hours away)

-he’s having Xrays here on Friday, and if it turns out there are other significant issues, such as calcium deposits or stones that are contributing to lack of chewing and teeth growth; then we will need to make a difficult decision.
The time between appointments may extend and often does, after a few two weekly dentals. I’m currently boarding a guinea pig who is staying until she goes longer between appointments. She started off at two weekly but we are now at monthly appointments and she’s returning home in a couple of weeks. I provide boarding for long distance clients, for £25 per week.

Thank you all. I just want to do what’s right by him. I will see how Friday goes. If we can rule out anything else going on, I’ll get something sorted for his teeth and he could go stay at TEAS (thank you so much for the offer)!
just need to rule anything else out. The cystease stuff arrived today too.So I’ll give that a try

Odin has been thru so much ( as did Loki) and as have you and your family - I hope the Friday appt goes well - you have lots of love and support on here and fantastic advice. Only you can decide what is best - sending healing hugs to Odin 🥰

Thank you all. I just want to do what’s right by him. I will see how Friday goes. If we can rule out anything else going on, I’ll get something sorted for his teeth and he could go stay at TEAS (thank you so much for the offer)!
just need to rule anything else out. The cystease stuff arrived today too.So I’ll give that a try
he will get the very best of care from Debbie if you decide he is best boarding there for the time being. My Ted is a twice monthly dental piggie and stayed over lock down. Ted is back home now and enjoying the company of his two young wives x

So after he had his teeth done yesterday, we have pus coming from the right eye again. And it’s his teeth on the right side that keep growing (not so much the left).
There has to still be something behind that eye or at the tooth root that Zithromax still isn’t clearing?

So after he had his teeth done yesterday, we have pus coming from the right eye again. And it’s his teeth on the right side that keep growing (not so much the left).
There has to still be something behind that eye or at the tooth root that Zithromax still isn’t clearing?
Zithromax is usually really good and works for most pus related infections. When it doesn’t work, we’ve found a combination of Marbocyl and Metronidazole to be really effective and sorts the problem.

Zithromax is usually really good and works for most pus related infections. When it doesn’t work, we’ve found a combination of Marbocyl and Metronidazole to be really effective and sorts the problem.
Thank you. I’ll give Kim a ring in the morning. Will continue to syringe feed today

Back