• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Poisonous flowers/plants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MillieandPip

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I was going to put my two piggies on the grass today and was unsure about what plants are poisonous etc. so I just lookied it up on various websites........In my garden I have white clover, buttercup and daisies! As well as these small purple flowers that I don't know the name of..... ?/

I was wondering whether it's just the flowers of these plants that are poisonous, or if it's including the leaves and stalks etc...

However there is a patch of grass clear from these plants, although there is a lot of moss in this area....... do any of you know if this is safe for them??

Thank you for taking your time to read this x>> Later I will try to add a photo of the purple flowers for you to see.

hi

its common name is DEAD NETTLE or Lamium purpureum
they are actually members of the mint family (NOT the nettle family, despite their name)
I'm not sure if its poisonous to pigs. Until you know for certain DO NOT let them near it.

Buttercup and moss are very toxic to gps.Clover is o.k..Daisy not toxic but better they do not eat it.

Any plant with a bulb,such as bluebell is very poisonous.

Other unsafe garden \wild plants are:-foxglove
poppy
hyacinth
ivy

laburnam
snowdrop
these are just a few of the more common toxic plants.There are many more so,if in doubt,leave it out.

Make sure that the grass/plants they eat are not contaminated by dogs or motor exhaust fumes.

both self heal and deadnettle are members of the mint family. there is so much other weed around the flowers its hard to see which leaves match what plant!
self heal

deadnettle

oh well i was pretty close, its been a few years since i studied weeds, might be time to swat up again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back