• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Poop, aubiose

Piano

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi.

I use aubiose because I've heard it helps with the foul smell.
Does anyone know of a good sifter/mesh that will let aubiose fall through but remove the poop? I am really sick of picking the poop out by hand.

Also, some poop is.... Poop like. But other things are poop shaped but seem dry and crack apart like twigs. What is up with that?

Thanks in advance.

I think they can be broken up when dry. As for aubiose and poo picking, I'm not sure what you could use. Maybe a colander...

Hi, there really shouldnt be any "foul smell" associated with piggies, and their poops should be quite consistent, though obviously fresh ones are wetter than older ones that have dried out. Maybe a vet check is needed if there is a bad smell and inconsistent poops? Or maybe aubiose isnt the best bedding for you...

i only take out poops which are in a pile,use a cat litter scoop.aubiose should deal with any smell.i clean out my cages every 5 days .i also use pro rivera bedding,which is rape seed oil chopped bedding,very similar to aubiose.it is cheaper.i like this as the poops all disperse into the lower layers so no need to remove.i still clean out every 5 days.
:)

Where do you buy the Rivera bedding @eileen there web site isn't very helpful! It sounds interesting, I'm trying out different bedding in the hay parts of the cages at the moment.

yes cooks sell rivera bedding ,it is not the pro rivera bedding,but is just as good,£8.60 a bale...20kgs.if you have piggies that produce alot of urine macanthus bedding is slightly more absorbent ! you do need an inch layer of bedding for it to wick at the base.i like it very much !

most horse feed places sell it,bliss basic is another brand that is the same.you could email the company,thats how i found a stockist of pro rivera bedding..:)

yes cooks sell rivera bedding ,it is not the pro rivera bedding,but is just as good,£8.60 a bale...20kgs.if you have piggies that produce alot of urine macanthus bedding is slightly more absorbent ! you do need an inch layer of bedding for it to wick at the base.i like it very much !

I went along to cooks last weekend for some aubiose (which I keep running my fingers through as it's so soft compared to easi bed :)) ) but next time I might try Rivera then and see, save a couple of pounds here and there and it all adds up

I will have to look into horse feed suppliers. I can't think of anywhere near here, I tend to do most shopping on line now.

Hi guys. Been without Internet. Thanks for initial replies. Turns out I have confused their nugget/biscuit things for solid poops. I'm not around for playtime and feeding, I just muck out and pay for everything. Life of a father I guess.

Cheapest auboise I found that is in stock and can deliver was on ebay from a homing pigeon supply store on ebay. £13.95 + delivery for 20kg

Back