• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Poop, Lovely, Lovely Poop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lilly

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
With Peanut Butter's 4 month long illness I've become obsessed with his "output". At his lowest weight loss the poops were small, hard & not numerous so it was a real worry. PB finished all his meds at the weekend and went in for a follow-up checkup and to test his poop for yeast.

It was 45 minutes from the time I put him in his carrier to the time I opened the lid at the vets to discover 14 gorgeous perfect poopies! I was thrilled and proud. The vet ooooh'd and aaaah'd, chose one plump specimen, smeared it on a slide and went away to look in her microscope. She came back with a big smile and pronounced it free of anything except what one expects to see in piggy poop under a microscope.

I think PB's ordeal is finally over, although he still needs to finish the week of pro-biotics and I am going to keep him on vegetarian glucosamine for life.

With Peanut Butter's 4 month long illness I've become obsessed with his "output". At his lowest weight loss the poops were small, hard & not numerous so it was a real worry. PB finished all his meds at the weekend and went in for a follow-up checkup and to test his poop for yeast.

It was 45 minutes from the time I put him in his carrier to the time I opened the lid at the vets to discover 14 gorgeous perfect poopies! I was thrilled and proud. The vet ooooh'd and aaaah'd, chose one plump specimen, smeared it on a slide and went away to look in her microscope. She came back with a big smile and pronounced it free of anything except what one expects to see in piggy poop under a microscope.

I think PB's ordeal is finally over, although he still needs to finish the week of pro-biotics and I am going to keep him on vegetarian glucosamine for life.

I 'm glad to hear PB's doing well - but I have this vision in my head now of you counting poops !

This is great news for you and PB, you have fought so hard together x

I know the addiction to piggy poop, when Treacy used to suffer with bloat, poo became an obsession :))

Well done PB! Could we have a pigture of PB not the poop lol

So pleased to hear to hear about Peanut Butter. Long may his poop output continue. A pooping pig is a healthy pig.
I am never going to complain about poop pickups again! PB was nicknamed Sir-poops-a-lot by my granddaughter. I am so happy he is back to living up to his moniker.

This is great news for you and PB, you have fought so hard together x

I know the addiction to piggy poop, when Treacy used to suffer with bloat, poo became an obsession :))

Well done PB! Could we have a pigture of PB not the poop lol
Photos being posted tomorrow!

Great to hear PB is getting better. Hope the poop doesn't become too much of an obsession for you!

Hehe.. made me chuckle as I have been there and had that excitement of the first perfectly formed poop from a sickly pig. Well done Peanut Butter :)

He is such a handsome dude! Love his colouring!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back