• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Poor Dennis is a bit grunty!

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Sending healing vibes for Dennis. Hope he feels better soon.💕🐾

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Sending you hugs and healing vibes for little Dennis. When Ted had that horrible chest infection Simon gave Ted Marbocyl Antibiotics. Firstly by injection, then tablets, he thought he had aspirated food in his sleep which can happen with dental piggies. It did the trick as Debbie was really worried about him for a few days until the drugs did their stuff x

Betsy

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Just come back from emergency appointment with Dennis. His breathing got so bad he was honking and hooting and really sounded like a Steam Train. Dennis saw the wonderful Alfonso who gave him a good going over. Dennis has been prescribed Sulfatrim 2ml twice daily and 0.2ml Metacam twice daily for 5 days initially and if his breathing isn't better then for 7 days. I am to keep up with the syringe feeds too. I have to leave a message for Alfonso in 5 days to let him know how Dennis is getting on. I've never had to do that before so Alfonso must be quite worried about him and it is a hefty dose of Sulfatrim too. When I mentioned the large dose of Sulfatrim, Alfonso said that it was at the top of scale of what Dennis could have for his weight but we needed to get on top of this URI he had.

Siikibam

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Oh Dennis. I hope you get well soon.

YvonneBlue

Rescue Buddy
Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Dennis has deteriorated, everything crossed for him here. Get well soon little one.🐾🤗

DougalandDiego

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Poor little Dennis. Glad you’ve got some sulfatrim! Hopefully it’s much better for his little tummy too 🤞🏻

Betsy

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
This morning Dennis is just grunty and not honking and hooting. With the extra syringe feeds (4 a day) we are maintaining his weight. I don't want to give him too much syringe feed as he is still eating. These AB's are just knocking his appetite. The Emeraid Sustain that @amy104 suggested on Patsy's lost weight arrived yesterday so I am giving that to Dennis.

DougalandDiego

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Poor Dennis. Glad he’s still eating for himself. Sounds just like my boy Dougal after his op this week. Still eating but just not enough. Great news his weight is maintaining!

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Poor little Dennis, hope he likes Emeraid Sustain, it’s the one Ted prefers out of them all 🤞

Bill & Ted

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Dennis likes the Emeraid Sustain and he also likes the SS Recovery +.
Aw that’s good then, at least you have a choice. Ted has never been keen on SS Recovery or Oxbow. Hope Dennis recoveries soon x

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Hope the sulfatrim can clear Dennis's persistent honks, that is a hefty dose he's getting- 4x what Blod was having- and she tolerated it very well, even managed to put a bit of weight on, but it did take a month to clear her URI completely- the vet said to keep going until she finished the 30ml bottle! But the vet also said to stop the bisolvon because Blod wanted a grape every time she had it which may be where the extra 100g of floofy tummy chub came from while she was supposedly so dreadfully ill... Blod's a right little porker, she sends Dennis piggy kisses and says he can have at least 200g of her excess tummy chub reserves if he needs it and he can even have those broccolli bits she got tangled in her skirts over the weekend x