• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Poor Dennis is a bit grunty!

Oh @Betsy
Me and my 2 piggies sending you and Dennis lots tlc . .
Jackie you doing amazing with him and other piggies. . Your care and love for the little guy is a testament to how much you care. . .we all here lass ok.

Oh @Betsy
Me and my 2 piggies sending you and Dennis lots tlc . .
Jackie you doing amazing with him and other piggies. . Your care and love for the little guy is a testament to how much you care. . .we all here lass ok.
Well when I took Dennis to see Rachel (Vet) today she did mention that I was doing a lot more than a lot of guinea pig owners would! They are my pets and when I took them on I also took on the responsibility of looking after them properly. You would do it for a cat or a dog so why not a guinea pig? It annoys me how guinea pigs are seen as "disposable". They aren't. They are lovely pets with lovely personalities who deserve to be treated with respect and love.

Well when I took Dennis to see Rachel (Vet) today she did mention that I was doing a lot more than a lot of guinea pig owners would! They are my pets and when I took them on I also took on the responsibility of looking after them properly. You would do it for a cat or a dog so why not a guinea pig? It annoys me how guinea pigs are seen as "disposable". They aren't. They are lovely pets with lovely personalities who deserve to be treated with respect and love.
I agree . . Fully. . I always tell my piggies that I love um . .

Guinea pigs lives are no less important as any other pet to me. If you keep a pet you do your utter best no matter if it’s a goldfish or a Great Dane 👍
I get sick to the back teeth with some people saying “no! not back up to Northampton again, there must be a vet down here who can do it” and they are the kind ones 😞

Guinea pigs lives are no less important as any other pet to me. If you keep a pet you do your utter best no matter if it’s a goldfish or a Great Dane 👍
I get sick to the back teeth with some people saying “no! not back up to Northampton again, there must be a vet down here who can do it” and they are the kind ones 😞
I agree . . Until I found our local exotic vet which I trust and she's Brill . . I used to travel a long way :dri: (4/5) hours for my piggies . .
and i do it all again if needed. :luv:

Awww, sorry to hear poor Dennis is still struggling. :( Sending you big, squishy hugs and positive, healing wheeks to the lovely Dennis. x

Just realised I didn't finish of this thread. For those of you who were following this thread and wondered what had happened to my Little Cutey Pie ......

On November 27th I found my Dennis in his forever sleep. He fought a nasty URI valliantly for 3 months but his little body couldn't take it any more and he stopped fighting and toddled off to The Rainbow Bridge.

Dennis was born as the result of a shop pregnancy on 5 May 2016 along with Meg and Christian. He was always the smallest of the three but that didn't stop him from being gorgeous or cheeky. As soon as he met Betsy he was in love! Betsy and Dennis were made for each other and when I had to split the herd a couple of years ago it was obvious that they would be together.

Dennis was the Founder Member and Self Appointed Chairpig of the very successful Stripey Nose Club and met lots of new friends in the Club Bar to squeak over the days happenings.

Dennis was my little Cutey Pie and I will miss his little face and the fact that I could do anything with him and he was never phased. He was such a gentle soul and he had such a gentle pigsonality too.

I buried him after Betsy had had a chance to understand what has happened to the love of her life and say her goodbyes. I put Velvet and her plant in the garden a few weeks ago and I put Dennis with his Mum. I hope Dennis is having fun at The Rainbow Bridge I miss him so much.

Dennis Grass 4.JPG

Just realised I didn't finish of this thread. For those of you who were following this thread and wondered what had happened to my Little Cutey Pie ......

On November 27th I found my Dennis in his forever sleep. He fought a nasty URI valliantly for 3 months but his little body couldn't take it any more and he stopped fighting and toddled off to The Rainbow Bridge.

Dennis was born as the result of a shop pregnancy on 5 May 2016 along with Meg and Christian. He was always the smallest of the three but that didn't stop him from being gorgeous or cheeky. As soon as he met Betsy he was in love! Betsy and Dennis were made for each other and when I had to split the herd a couple of years ago it was obvious that they would be together.

Dennis was the Founder Member and Self Appointed Chairpig of the very successful Stripey Nose Club and met lots of new friends in the Club Bar to squeak over the days happenings.

Dennis was my little Cutey Pie and I will miss his little face and the fact that I could do anything with him and he was never phased. He was such a gentle soul and he had such a gentle pigsonality too.

I buried him after Betsy had had a chance to understand what has happened to the love of her life and say her goodbyes. I put Velvet and her plant in the garden a few weeks ago and I put Dennis with his Mum. I hope Dennis is having fun at The Rainbow Bridge I miss him so much.

Dennis Grass 4.JPG
I know Dennis will be having a wonderful time with his Mum Velvet and his brother Christian, they may be having fun with Bill and Ted too x Hope so ...

😢 A lovely tribute that brought tears to my eyes.
Dennis was such a lovely piggy and such a cute teddy

Back