• You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

poor little piggie having an op to fix his winky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cgilchrist

Adult Guinea Pig
Hey guys sorry not been around for a bit been totally flat out. Just after some moral support I guess. one of our little 8 week old rescue piggies is having an op to put a support stitch to help keep his willy in as it is constantly out (and much to his embbarrasment I have to keep KY'ing it and popping it away!) I trust our vet implicitly and he has never lost a piggie under aneasthetic but I'm still worried. I left him and his buddy there for the night to save the stress of travelling but I keep thinking 'did I give him a big enough kiss before I left him!' Silly I know. :red

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
awww bless you.

My last piggy Pepper had an outey constantly, and it was fine, he wasnt embarrassed at all, quite proud actually lol.

Hope hes ok x

ps/ I'm pretty sure you will have smother with kisses so relax

Cgilchrist

Adult Guinea Pig
Thanks poor little boy it was all red and sore eventhough I kept it moist and clean for him but he was in discomfort. must get my camera working so I can post piccies of all my new additions to my piggie family. x

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
awww bless him, youch makes you shudder he he he! Luckily Peppers was ok, i just had to check it a few times a day to make sure no debris lurking!

PLEASE do post pics asap!!

Hope you ok x

AudioHeart

Senior Guinea Pig
Me and the boys are sending lots of get well soon vibes to your little piggie, hope his op goes well :) x

Cgilchrist

Adult Guinea Pig
Well good news the op went well and the other 2 boys who were having neutering and lumps removed all have come round fine and I don't need a discharge appointment so fingers crossed they will all heal well. thanks guys. x>>

Cgilchrist

Adult Guinea Pig
well a little worried about my other older boy who had his lumps removed he seems still really tired and dopey. he's picked at a carrot top but he is still sitting and not moving much. he has a little bit of movement but then just sits there. he is a good weight etc do you think he just needs some peace and quite? he's had metacalm for pain. x

Status
Not open for further replies.