• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Poorly oliver

Status
Not open for further replies.
sorry ive not replied to your text Helen, been a hectic few days with decorating was meaning to send a message back but kept forgetting, i hope Oliver gets better soon, sending healing vibes i will be looking on here to see how he is xxxxx

Not sure what time you are going but I hope you are able to get some answers when you get him to the vets. Good luck,I hope he gets better soon. x>>

Oliver been to the vets today for awake xray,nothing shown up conclusive for bladder stone.So as he is still eating,drinking and pooping we are carrying on with meds and will see how he goes on over the weekend.
All angles being covered at the moment so time will tell.He very tender abdominally so on anlagesia and anti cindy nibble hay ha ha :)
Come on little man you can do it !xx>>>xx>>>

Well the nightmare has continued and poor oliver is still hanging on. To be honest i cant believe he is still here. He is completely off his legs and cant move but is still nibbling and taking fluids when we feed him. Its awful and i have kept leaving vets since fri thinking each morning oliver would have peacefully passed away. I now have the dreaded vet visit to make tomorrow as i cant leave oliver like this anymore i dont think its fair. :( x x

oh honey, I'm so sorry, will be thinking of you, its a difficult task but at times necessary :(

Keep the thought in your head that you have done that absolute maximum you could have done, and i am sure Oliver will know you love him so much.

Again, be thinking of you x>>

I am so sorry to hear about Oliver. Keep fighting litle man.

I don;t wish to build your hopes up BUT

Loss of legs needs to be checked PROPERLY.....because it may not be brain-induced (ie stroke or similar)..and could be due to some adbominal problem putting pressure on the femoral nerves as they come through the pelvic bones into the abdomen (MY Beechie had this). Bottom line is (as I think you alread know he has an abdominal problem that need to be diagnosed and treated.......and it seems so far you are all out of ideas....:(.

Your vets need to check his neurological responses re his legs to ensure the nerves are functioning properly from the brain stem/spine...... before you are asked to make any decision about his quality of life/future...

Oh dear - this is quite a complicated issue to try to post on the forum - I am home tomorrow and will PM you my phone number if you want a better conflab before you see the vets

Hugs to you both
x

So sorry it has come to this Helen, it must be so upsetting to see Oliver this way, having to make a decision about his future is very difficult and not an easy decision to come too. He has had the best care possible and a loving home, which some other guineas are not so fortunate to have. God bless you little Oliver, remember mummy loves you. x>>:(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back